Big THANK YOU to the Hollister Overland team!

Scott Brady

Founder
The set-up has begun, and Hollister is filled with all variety of adventure machines. Just noticed TacoDoc driving by.

Beautiful spot and a great campground. It is already filling up!

Pictures and reports soon.

barlowrs

Explorer
Cant wait...i am sitting at my desk at working looking at my Expo calander waiting until tomorrow. Save me a spot for my tent :wings:

Patman

Explorer
I'm only going to be there on Saturday, but its taking every self controlling bone in my body to not "cruise" by today!! It's only a few miles from my house!! Can't wait.

Patman

Explorer
I'll be there tomorrow morning. :coffeedrink: Do you guys have 3G service there?

Depends on the carrier, I know sprint has spotty coverage all over the park, 3g coverage is spottier, area 5 is down in a valley, so coverage is questionable at camp. 5 minutes in any direction gets you line of sight to a tower.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Um....Hollister is not Mongolia....let's get some pics up for those of us driving a desk whilst ya'll are having fun! :elkgrin:

No excuses!

-H- :drool:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Um....Hollister is not Mongolia....let's get some pics up for those of us driving a desk whilst ya'll are having fun! :elkgrin:

No excuses!

-H- :drool:

Pictures?!! Hell, Syncro de Mayo has videos of Hollister. :Wow1: I'm holding out for Moo Vies!

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Ya, with all the tech savy folks around here, I was expecting to see a live web cam set up by now.:costumed-smiley-007

Patman

Explorer
Had a great day at HH, only able to catch a couple classes before having to leave, Tacodoc put on a great first aid class, and the whole event (what I was able to catch) was well done.

Lots of video being shot, so there should be lots for you guys after the weekend.

runner88

Some pics from today

Well between the older kid being sick at home, a pregnant wife and a wedding reception... I managed to squeeze in a few hours at Hollister with the boy.

Drove down there in a co-workers' completely stock 1997 4runner that I'll be buying in a little while. (I need a 4 door for hauling all the kids around as my 88 4runner is getting a little cramped). Felt a little under-equipped in the 97 with all the cool rigs out there but still had a good time on the easy fire trails.

Hope everything turned out okay on the syncro rescue on Truck Hill.

On to the photos...

Attachments

• IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1109.JPG
    IMG_1109.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1111.JPG
    IMG_1111.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    246.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

runner88

Some more pics from today

Few more and one of my 88 4runner at Hollister a few weeks ago... :smiley_drive:

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    213 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 112
  • MVI_0979.jpg
    MVI_0979.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 105

eli

Observer
Overland Ralley: Hollister, Ca.

First time at Hollister, for me and the event was very well done . . The Classes and Instructors were first rate. I would have preferred possibly a 30 min. break between classes. There were a few other classes I would have liked to attend but they were scheduled during others I didn't want to miss. The meat bees were pretty aggressive today, other wise good times with very cool people . . . :costumed-smiley-007

dbreid

Adventurer
All,
I just wanted to extend a heartfelt THANKS! to all of the people who both put on and attended the Hollister Hills Overland Event. I call it an "event" because it was so many things bundled into one, it is hard to choose a single noun to cover it.

There was an outstanding set of vendors on hand, great attendees, and great instructors...and I learned a TON. I learned that there is an alarming amount of incredibly awesome trinkets I don't own (and am having a hard time convincing myself not to buy!). I learned that this is a real family, and the folks there were just plain awesome!

I learned some great first aid tips from Dave (TacoDoc), learned how badly I need a Suzuki Jimney from Scott (and how badly I need a sweet central Asian hat!), I got to help recover with Thor and Harold (sp?), I learned just how tasty grilled peaches can be from the guys at Overland Gourmet, I learned about South America from Ben, and I learned I need a friggin KTM!!!!

Everyone I met was fantastic. Literally everywhere I went people were kind, open, and excited to learn and discuss things. I sometimes worry aout showing up to stuff with Chevy trucks, but everyone looked past the redneck pedigree and welcomed Grace and I with open arms.

We definitely hope to attend more events and be more involved with many of the people we met.

Now, off to save for some Snow Peak stuff.... ;)

-Dan (and Grace)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles