Big custom camper sightings

SRUPike

Observer
Bill, I hope you post more shots, this looks like a great Event.

Any Earthroamer owners planning another trip around the world, ala ******** and Pip, I know Wendy and Jim are getting ready to leave, but any African Adventures?

SRUPike

Observer
******** and Pip Smith
larger-proposed-route.jpg

The Earthroamer they drove around the world is now owned by Howell_JD

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Hah thats explains it

I was just camping on my land just down from the top of the mountain and wondered who was the chap in the Earthroamer............

Now I know it was'nt the same chap ! it was multiples !

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
I think I saw one of the Ford Super Duty versions up on I5 going through Bellingham today, was that anyone on here?

-Alex

small town girl

ER in Bellingham

I think I saw one of the Ford Super Duty versions up on I5 going through Bellingham today, was that anyone on here?

-Alex

That was probably my husband and I. Northbound on I5, plain silver ER with 4 bikes on the back? We were just coming back from the Methow valley.

haven

Expedition Leader
Welcome to ExPo, small town girl!

With four bikes on the back, you must be traveling with your family. Tell us how you find places for everyone to sleep in the ER. Do you convert the dining table to a bed?

small town girl

Welcome to ExPo, small town girl!

With four bikes on the back, you must be traveling with your family. Tell us how you find places for everyone to sleep in the ER. Do you convert the dining table to a bed?

Actually, it is just the two of us. Two mountain bikes, two road bikes. We use a Thule T2 hitch rack plus T2 extender. I have only converted the dining table to bed format once, for lounging purposes. The ER is perfect for us, would be a challenge for more than two, especially with all the "toys" we bring along.

SRUPike

Observer
Although, I'm not Bill, I believe the roof you are referring to is Wendy and Jim from GlobalRoadTrekker.com. It was a custom job he did for his upcoming RTW adventure. Pretty impressive, they had a blog post explaining it, I could not find it on quick look right now.
roof-rack.jpg

Earthroamer-in-moab.jpg

Last edited:
More EarthRoamer 2011 Rally Photos...

Bill, I hope you post more shots, this looks like a great Event.

The crowd eagerly awaits a demo that answers that age old question..."How the h$#@ do you get that big ole tar down from thar?"
1.jpg

Yep, with the right tools one person can do it.
2.jpg

3.jpg

We broke the main group of 20 EarthRoamers into smaller groups for trail runs and recovery training.
5.jpg

Beautiful lakes and reservoirs are everywhere on the Grand Mesa
4.jpg

6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94