Big custom camper sightings

mexjtc

Saw this Beautiful Beast on CL last night and planned to post it on the Expo today for others here...but wow, it was already sold by noon today! I thought it was especially nice because of the engine replacement done to it. Anyway....

View attachment 600256

How much were they asking? I can only see $195 in the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waveslider

Outdoorsman
I saw a really interesting big expo-type vehicle the past week in the Pahsimeroi Valley. It was like a XXXL XP camper type design mounted on an older - maybe 1970s or early 80s Ford dump truck chassis. Relly neat and inventive but didn't get a chance to get photos as I was riding my bike along the main road. The camper was white and aqua blue and the truck looked generally unrestored from the original white-ish color.

Fadeagray

I saw a really interesting big expo-type vehicle the past week in the Pahsimeroi Valley. It was like a XXXL XP camper type design mounted on an older - maybe 1970s or early 80s Ford dump truck chassis. Relly neat and inventive but didn't get a chance to get photos as I was riding my bike along the main road. The camper was white and aqua blue and the truck looked generally unrestored from the original white-ish color.

I haven’t seen that rig, but I did see yours last Thusday along the Salmon River. Nice setup!

Last edited:

waveslider

Outdoorsman
Thanks! It was hot up there. Had a couple days of fun. That rig I mentioned above was really unique and cool. Did you have your rig up there?

UHAULER

Explorer
Was it this one ?
https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...-top-cummins-allison-make-me-an-offer.210603/

Fadeagray

Thanks! It was hot up there. Had a couple days of fun. That rig I mentioned above was really unique and cool. Did you have your rig up there?

I did have my rig up there. Could not get high enough to get out of the heat but did find a nice shady spot at about 7,000’ outside of Stanley with a great view of the Sawtoot Mountains.

waveslider

Outdoorsman
I did have my rig up there. Could not get high enough to get out of the heat but did find a nice shady spot at about 7,000’ outside of Stanley with a great view of the Sawtoot Mountains.
Bummer, I wish I had seen it. We at least cooled off in the river but called the trip short due to high water temps.....too hot for catch and release trout fishing IMHO.

WayNorth

Good morning everyone,

We put to together a short video of the photos that we have taken of several overlanders that have come up the Alaska Highway to visit Whitehorse and the Yukon. We hope all of them had a great adventure in their travels, and maybe we will see them in the future.

Overlanders That Have Visited The Yukon

We hope you enjoy the photos that we combined to create this video.

All the best from the far north, Yukon Canada
Thanks,

PA Slammer

Observer
Although it looks cool, has anyone actually ever had to use their spare tire?

Those things gotta weigh more than carrying a spare dirtbike.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Although it looks cool, has anyone actually ever had to use their spare tire?
Those things gotta weigh more than carrying a spare dirtbike.
If you don't have a spare, there will be a good bet you will need it.
Yup, heavy
Mich-XZL 395/85R-20 = 220 lbs- tire, 80 lbs- wheel (Hutchinton AL) 300 lbs total
Ironman 385/65R-22.5 = 176 lbs- tire, 62 lbs - wheel (Alcoa AL) 238 lbs total

gregmchugh

Observer
Good morning everyone,

We put to together a short video of the photos that we have taken of several overlanders that have come up the Alaska Highway to visit Whitehorse and the Yukon. We hope all of them had a great adventure in their travels, and maybe we will see them in the future.

Overlanders That Have Visited The Yukon

We hope you enjoy the photos that we combined to create this video.

All the best from the far north, Yukon Canada
Thanks,

Nice video and lots of nice European builds. There were a couple of US made GXVs, the big Volvo semi truck with a Patagonia camper body and the big brown International with the cab over bed UXV model. The two trips we have made up there we have always met a few Europeans...

PA Slammer

Observer
If you don't have a spare, there will be a good bet you will need it.
Yup, heavy
Mich-XZL 395/85R-20 = 220 lbs- tire, 80 lbs- wheel (Hutchinton AL) 300 lbs total
Ironman 385/65R-22.5 = 176 lbs- tire, 62 lbs - wheel (Alcoa AL) 238 lbs total

Street legal KTM 350 EXC-F - 232 lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles