Big custom camper sightings

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Good afternoon all,

While we were out enjoying the good weather at the end of May, we came across this Unimog from California visiting Yukon, Canada and headed up the highway to Alaska. They also have a blog site you can visit at: https://wabisabioverland.com/

View attachment 525671View attachment 525682View attachment 525683View attachment 525684
View attachment 525685View attachment 525686

Hope they had a good time in the Yukon and all the best to them on their travels.

We thought we would share the photos with all of you.
Thanks,
One of our customers. Still a clean camper :)

Attachments

• IMG-3488.JPG
    IMG-3488.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 140

VerMonsterRV

Gotta Be Nuts
Good afternoon all,

While we were out enjoying the good weather at the end of May, we came across this Unimog from California visiting Yukon, Canada and headed up the highway to Alaska. They also have a blog site you can visit at: https://wabisabioverland.com/

View attachment 525671View attachment 525682View attachment 525683View attachment 525684

Hope they had a good time in the Yukon and all the best to them on their travels.

Thanks,
They are members in this board, @LostInTheWorld . Great build with amazing attention to detail.

gregmchugh

Observer
Good afternoon all,

Very early yesterday morning @5:30am I came across this Iveco built by Bimobil visiting the Yukon, Canada from Europe

View attachment 525695View attachment 525696View attachment 525697View attachment 525698

Hope they have a good time in the Yukon.

Thanks,

I think I saw this an hour or so ago pass us on the Dempster northbound south of Ft McPherson NWT. We are on our way to Tuktoyaktuk so will probably see it again at some point.

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Good afternoon all,

Thanks,
Yep, saw them on the Parks Highway yesterday, heading North, traveling through Wasilla.

First 'mog I've seen this season, but I've seen several other nice rigs on the highway.

Good looking rig.

gregmchugh

Observer
Yep, saw them on the Parks Highway yesterday, heading North, traveling through Wasilla.

First 'mog I've seen this season, but I've seen several other nice rigs on the highway.

Good looking rig.

You might spot us, we left Alaska and came over to Tuktoyaktuk to get away from the smoke but will be back in Alaska until October...

Attachments

• AE91E99E-FE6C-4AB9-8173-341CC6D4932C.jpeg
    AE91E99E-FE6C-4AB9-8173-341CC6D4932C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 136

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Count yourself lucky. That unimog is one of the original overland trucks ever build in Germany. Klaus Daerr and his family broke ground for many of us with offering travel guides and equipment for overland travel. I grew up with his books and pictures of that Unimog.

Attachments

• History-19-600dpi.jpg
    History-19-600dpi.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
You might spot us, we left Alaska and came over to Tuktoyaktuk to get away from the smoke but will be back in Alaska until October...
Heh, that's just about the time we'll be driving back home from Southern California. We'll wave if we pass by!

gregmchugh

Observer
Heh, that's just about the time we'll be driving back home from Southern California. We'll wave if we pass by!

We are heading south from Tok tomorrow and down the Cassiar and then over to Prince George and then down to Nelson BC to visit our daughter.

Fugly

Adventurer
Saw this truck in Kwinana Perth Western Australia today
Didn’t get to talk to the folk in it the rig looks well traveled
9E5A96F5-24DD-42EB-8E16-A65E264F8368.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles