Big Booty Judy - 2014 DC Tundra Build w OVRLND Camper

dirtnsmores

So, I've run True-tracs and Auburns in different vehicles over the years, and wasn't really a fan of the Auburns with how they wear, but the Powertrax GripPro is fairly close to the TT. Its a true helical cut gear driven LSD and I LOVE it! I do turn the "auto LSD" off when I drive these days, but that's it.
good to know thanks! I think the TT is available for my first gen Tundra if I decide to get rid of the mechanical limited slip toyota has in here

Fergie

Expedition Leader
I bought a shitbox 2003 accord late last year, gets 30mpg vs the 10mpg in the truck around town, so the truck has just seen snowstorm duty this winter.

The other day, I picked up a practically brand new set of CaliRaised bed stiffeners and installed them....such an easy install, and didnt have to modify the existing extruded aluminum build. Had to notch the bed rug a bit, and glued the portion down w some 3M.

I also finally finished the insulation in the roof; Jay/Maggie and crew are going to be installing the headliner in a few weeks:

Last edited:

ThePartyWagon

Sold the Habitat, and am awaiting a Camp Ovrlnd topper in a few months. Took my last trip in it a few weeks back, my buddy and his GF came down from SLC to try and complete our AZ Wild Trout Challenge...we got skunked on native brooks and on the Apache...winds in the 40-50mpg range made casting damn near impossible on these small waters. Best part was all three getting the Gila.
Is that Brian I see?

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Went to the local pick and pull since they had a 2012; thought I'd pull the OEM CVs, but the axle nuts were seized, so that was a no-go. Ended up grabbing the DS grab handle and the overhead console.

Not bad for $6 for the for the grab handle, and no wait time.

Spent another $11 picking up the capture nut(only could buy a pack of them) from Napa.

Also picked up new visors for my 2003 Accord shitbox. And grabbed the ABS sensor from the 2012 to have a spare.

Monday, I went back out to the pick and pull to grab the two extra screw retainers....cost me the $2 entry fee and they gave me the two fasteners for free, so, the cost of gas essentially.

A word of advice....dont accidentally cut the rear light wiring as it will blow the 7.5A fuse in the engine bay....I taped the cut wires up and tucked them away.

There are three sets of retainers, the middle ones can be removed easily...not the others. Found the screws I needed too, so that was cool.

This one was snapped before final tightening...and after replacing the fuse...

I swapped over the old LEDs I had installed, and everything is GTG.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
For everyone asking about wind noise...it really isn't bad. A few years back in the White Mountains, the Hab was terrible, but with wind gusts at +40, working in the camper was mellow.

I had OvrLnd add the headliner a bit back, and it was incredibly easy to add the daisy chain loops in since I can't loop anything over the struts like before. Used the trusted Harbor Freight rivet installer, and called it good.
ac

shmabs

Explorer
Went to the local pick and pull since they had a 2012; thought I'd pull the OEM CVs, but the axle nuts were seized, so that was a no-go. Ended up grabbing the DS grab handle and the overhead console.

Not bad for $6 for the for the grab handle, and no wait time.

Spent another $11 picking up the capture nut(only could buy a pack of them) from Napa.

Also picked up new visors for my 2003 Accord shitbox. And grabbed the ABS sensor from the 2012 to have a spare.

Monday, I went back out to the pick and pull to grab the two extra screw retainers....cost me the $2 entry fee and they gave me the two fasteners for free, so, the cost of gas essentially.

A word of advice....dont accidentally cut the rear light wiring as it will blow the 7.5A fuse in the engine bay....I taped the cut wires up and tucked them away.

There are three sets of retainers, the middle ones can be removed easily...not the others. Found the screws I needed too, so that was cool.

This one was snapped before final tightening...and after replacing the fuse...

I swapped over the old LEDs I had installed, and everything is GTG.
Do you have the part number for those captured nut things from napa?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shevy5000