BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain T/A Tire P245/70R17 108T walmart clearance ~$65ea

rayra

Expedition Leader
They're $65 around me but either out of stock or 1 left at a couple places. If I wanted these tires I'd have to chase around for them.

MOguy

Explorer
If these are the oned that look like the BFG ATs I remember a few years ago there was discussion about these on another off road board. The discussion can basically be summed up in a few words, they don't perform like the BFG ATs. Most were very unhappy with them. This was years ago and things may change but often Walmart sell lessor version of many things that appear to look like things we come to trust. In the automotive side it seems batteries and tires top the list.

rayra

Expedition Leader
eh, I think that's a bunch of oft-repeated lore nonsense. As if BFG would cooperate in engineering a lesser quality tire for Walmart, or woul dsit idly by while Walmart runs a fake in their name. It's just nonsensical to believe either. Magical thinking. Walmart's low prices are basic economics / economies of scale. They purchase HUGE lots of goods to distribute in their 5000+ Walmarts and 600+ Sam's Clubs. They're able to leverage their huge network of stores and access to them into larger discounted prices from vendors who realize there's money to be made in volume as much by few sales with higher prices.
So please, don't parrot that 'walmart name brands are lower quality goods' lore. It's as bad as the nonsense about batteries blowing up. Or special plastics in gas jugs ;)

robert

Expedition Leader
It's not just lore, Walmart does sell a lower quality line of some products. See the Snapper lawn mower story for an example that went public.

Dances with Wolves

aka jk240sx
Yeah. Walmart ALMOST ALWAYS sells a lower line product. Tires, TVs, computers, vacuum cleaners & Razor scooters from my experience. Caveat emptor. Always get Model# off package and do a google before purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles