BFGoodrich KO3 coming soon!

naks

Spotted on another forum, BFG will be releasing KO3 tires soon - it is listed as OEM on the GMC Sierra HD AT4 which is being released around Q1 2023.

my24-sierra-hd-at4-extdet-2-24pgsrhd00280-jpg.669067

my24-sierra-hd-gal-15-24pgsrhd00280-jpg.669196

my24-sierra-hd-gal-12-24pgsrhd00282-jpg.669198

Skinny06

I just can't support BFG after their ads with the crown hicks doing donuts on the Bonneville salt flats and tearing them up. After being called out for the destruction they quietly pulled the ads but offered no statement.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'll be looking for tires within the next month.
So far it's between:

Toyo AT3
Falken AT3W
Nokian Outpost A/T

Depending on if the KO3's have the 3 peak mountain rating, I would have considered them depending on pricing.
But it sounds like they won't be available in the timeframe I need.

Read KO2's aren't great in winter. Had good luck with last two sets of Duratracs. Only complaint is they got loud with wear.
Hoping for something a little quieter this time round.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I've read this regularly too but I have not experienced it. I ran KO2's through several Montana winters and I never had any trouble with them on snow\ice. They always behaved well for me so I'm not sure why they get a bad rap for winter driving....
Hmm.. Good to know. I'm guessing Montana winters are similar to ours?
Highways here are typically partially bare /snow / ice covered... Meaning usually in about an 1/8 mile stretch of highway, you'll encounter all 3 of those conditions.....

4000lbsOfGoat

Spotted on another forum, BFG will be releasing KO3 tires soon - it is listed as OEM on the GMC Sierra HD AT4 which is being released around Q1 2023.
Where did you see that OP? I can't seem to find anything on the interwebs about KO3's? I'm in need of new tires soon and expected to get new KO2's but I might wait if there are new ones coming out....

naks

Where did you see that OP? I can't seem to find anything on the interwebs about KO3's? I'm in need of new tires soon and expected to get new KO2's but I might wait if there are new ones coming out....

the forum had a link to the GMC website, where the photos are from: https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2024-sierra-hd

8c7eed4c-4c11-4ce2-9bbf-b908be00ad3c-jpeg.669137

And if you look at the Ts&Cs on this site, you will see KO3 listed: https://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/dealer-campaign/bfg-fall-promotion-2022

* Offer valid for residents of the United States only who purchase from a participating dealer located in the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam and U.S. Virgin Islands) (“U.S.”). Purchase must be completed between 10/12/2022 and 10/22/2022. Limit of one (1) redemption request ($70 or $50 Visa® Reward Card or Visa® Virtual Account) per purchase of four (4) new select of the following BFGoodrich® tires: $70 Visa® Reward Card or Visa® Virtual Account valid on purchases of a set of four (4) new select BFGoodrich® g-Force™ Sport COMP-2™, g-Force™ COMP-2™ A/S PLUS, Trail-Terrain T/A®, All-Terrain T/A® KO2, All-Terrain T/A® KO3, Mud-Terrain T/A® KM2, Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 or Mud-Terrain T/A® KM3 UTV tires. ...

4000lbsOfGoat

Interesting that it's listed in those Ts&Cs but if you search "KO3" on their site nothing comes up...One might expect that if they had a new tire coming out, especially a new AT T/A, they would be talking about it...

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Hopefully,they'll balance easier. They can be a challenge to balance according to Discount Tire. "They're a good tire but they have heavy spots." I had a pair of KO2's years ago that would zero out on the Hunter Balancer and had bad freeway vibes. A Road Force rebalance couldn't cure it either. Neither BFG or Discount would replace the tires. I did not have Discount's replacement certificates but I shouldnt have needed them. The tires were two months old. I went to Toyo and no issues since. That's 20 years ago at least. Tires have shot up tremendously. Inflation's running 8% but there's some gouging going on out there.

Grassland

I've read this regularly too but I have not experienced it. I ran KO2's through several Montana winters and I never had any trouble with them on snow\ice. They always behaved well for me so I'm not sure why they get a bad rap for winter driving....
Not at all impressed with my KO2s in winter.
Suck on ice. To be expected. Suck on hard pack snow.
Good on fresh sort of wet snow (the good snowman making kind) and ok in the powdery ice crystal snow IF there is something solid not too deep under as they will toss it up and out of the way ie dig down.
For a tire so expensive they really aren't particularly good at anything.

Cooper AT3 when the large sales are on, or something similar to that a little milder and with more siping is what I'd try next time.

4000lbsOfGoat

For a tire so expensive they really aren't particularly good at anything.
We've had very different experiences then...I've got almost 50k miles on my current set and the only thing I've found that they are *not* particularly good at is deep mud. The same was true of the previous 2 sets of KOs that I had.

It's hard to imagine a tire being around for more than 60 years if it isn't good at anything....

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
I had bfg at’s twenty years ago on a ‘94 Zr2. I was a new driver then but those tires would hydroplane easily. No traction on wet roads, winter traction was worse than with my little fwd beater on bald tires.

pith helmet

On Sierra 1/2 tons and a Tacoma, I’ve had excellent service from multiple sets of KO2’s in the last few years. High mileage, reasonably quiet, good wet traction. I am running stock Goodyear Territory MTs now. They are really more AT than MT. KO2’s we’re better in mud and quieter, though still not great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94