BFG T/A KO2 in 275/55/20 on LR4

BikePilot

Fwiw Cooper Maxx tires are very different from their other at tires. They are a hybrid tire on a full mud terrain carcass. They seem a step more rugged and higher void than ko2s.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Fwiw Cooper Maxx tires are very different from their other at tires. They are a hybrid tire on a full mud terrain carcass. They seem a step more rugged and higher void than ko2s.

"rugged"? Unlikely in that my take is that durability or ruggedness is it's sidewall and carcass strength and resilience to sharp objects. BFG pretty much leads the industry in that aspect. Now if what you mean is the tread design and how aggressive it is, yeah I can see that for sure. It also reminds me of the Nitto Terra Grappler from several years ago. Toyo Open Country had similar as well.

I like the Cooper STT max but realize that is too loud etc for some peoples pruposes. I can totally feel the vibe of the KM2 through the steering especially at slow speeds rolling to stop. It's sorta weird.

I would love a scientific testing of some of these on the same vehicle on same test track showing grip at full psi, low psi, sidewall durability, etc. BFG upped the game with the new ko2 and also the km3 in it's carcass engineering.

rewillia

I just go my Discovery 4 SDV6 2 days ago and thank you for this Thread..., I took the chance and ordered n fit the 275/55R20 on my 20" OEM Tyres. So far so good..., I have not really try lock to lock turn or full compression.

Managed to get the local Tyre retailer to match the online price but their price are fitted price.... couldn't be happier, they charged AU$430 each balanced and fitted.

Picking up the car 2 days ago:
View attachment 455641

Buying and fitting BFG KO2 275/55R20
View attachment 455642

I like the looks... no mods on the height as yet..., this is on normal height.
View attachment 455643
Since your post in June, How have those KO2 275/55/R20's worked out for you. Are you still stock in terms of frame horns, inner fender liners, etc?

trinidadlr4

I just wanted to come here and post, as this thread was one that I used to make my final size decision. I just mounted Yokohama Geolandar g015 275 55 20s on 20x8.5 et58 Range Rover Supercharged wheels and they fit fine, with no rubbing. No spacers, no rods, truck is completely stock. Drives and feels great with these new shoes. Hopefully this helps someone else out in their quest for bigger wheels on this truck. Pics below.
9ecd20b1677bd7ba744f378fc9298761.jpg
4881cf2f69f5ed1a45e334bce55a213d.jpg
081be3dc0fe12c623468999baf9c5df2.jpg

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

lobopac

I just wanted to come here and post, as this thread was one that I used to make my final size decision. I just mounted Yokohama Geolandar g015 275 55 20s on 20x8.5 et58 Range Rover Supercharged wheels and they fit fine, with no rubbing. No spacers, no rods, truck is completely stock. Drives and feels great with these new shoes. Hopefully this helps someone else out in their quest for bigger wheels on this truck. Pics below.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update. I'm about to pull the trigger on the same size, only Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. Stock LR4 20" wheels. I can come up some with the Gap tool if I need to.

My slightly bigger concern is the spare. Anyone running the same size 275/55/20 able to fit the full size spare underneath? Willing to deflate it some, but ideally would like to fit without. Run hitch on occasion for light trailer or bike rack, so hopefully able to get the hitch receiver in there without any big issues.

If anyone else running the same tire, I'd love to hear about it.

gatorgrizz27

Thanks for the update. I'm about to pull the trigger on the same size, only Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT. Stock LR4 20" wheels. I can come up some with the Gap tool if I need to.

My slightly bigger concern is the spare. Anyone running the same size 275/55/20 able to fit the full size spare underneath? Willing to deflate it some, but ideally would like to fit without. Run hitch on occasion for light trailer or bike rack, so hopefully able to get the hitch receiver in there without any big issues.

If anyone else running the same tire, I'd love to hear about it.

It’s going to be snug even deflated from my experience. A 265/65/18 KO2 (1/4” smaller on paper) had to be fully deflated, valve core removed, heat shield removed, and greased up with Dawn dish soap. I do have an aftermarket hitch that overhangs the rear crossmember slightly, so it might be easier without it. I was worried about stripping out the gears in the tire winch, I heard a couple pops, but am hoping it has some sort of torque limiting ratchet system.

I have an ARB compressor onboard should inflating the spare be required, as well as their plug kit which is plan A. Getting the damaged tire back underneath on the side of the road wouldn’t be fun, if you don’t have room in the cargo area.

mtaylo32

Hey all, great information here! Came across a set of 275/55/20 Duratracs for a really great price and I’m wondering if they’ll fit without any issues on a stock LR4? Would I need to get rods or recalibrate with an IID tool? Thanks!

still11

Alright I have read, re-read, and am still sitting here like “I thing I’m good, but ******, i want to to be 100% on this...”.
I have these 20” wheels off an RRS. I know guys run these both with and without spacers... I think, wait, not really sure... I’ve seen stormer a and other RR 20” but only could find one person that showed their rig, and they used 3/4” spacers. I don’t want to run spacers, so now I need feedback other than “nah dude, do this...” or “ 20s suck, run 18s...”
I have a lr3 with 18” on BFGs and love it! I’m going with either Toyo open country AT3s, or the BFGs. No debate needed.

I have these...what is the largest tire I can wrap them with, where I don’t have to use spacers on a 2011 LR4?
I can electric lift to any height with RSW software. Adjustments.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles