BFG KO2 275/70/18 (33") spare won't fit underneath '04 Cruiser?

fishead

Observer
I researched tires along with everything else for months and finally bought these tires but Discount Tire told me the spare won't fit underneath the vehicle. I thought 33" tires fit the factory spare location? BFG lists them as 33.2". I'd like to buy a rear bumper but don't have the time or money to do so before 100s in the hills in a couple of weeks and I'd rather not carry the spare inside the truck taking up precious space. I just got the truck back home and noticed the spare in the back and haven't climbed underneath to see where it's hanging up but is there some modification that needs to be made to fit a 33" tire under the LC?

Fallon 40

Observer
My 33 fit but I have the stock rim.
It's been awhile since I had it under there but I think I turned over the bracket nearest the axle. You will see what I'm talking about once you look at it.Mine is a 98 not sure if they are the same.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
98-07 Land Cruiser or LX470 all the same

Will not fit with most factory hitchs, without factory hitch and some aftermarket hitches it will.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I have what I believe to be a factory hitch, factory 18" wheel, and a 275/70/18 KO2 installed and it fits in the stock spare location. I don't have a picture that shows it well right now but need to drop it and check it all out before I leave on a trip tomorrow. I'll try and get a picture if I remember this afternoon and post it up.

Phil made a typo, its 98-07 that they are the same.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I have what I believe to be a factory hitch, factory 18" wheel, and a 275/70/18 KO2 installed and it fits in the stock spare location. I don't have a picture that shows it well right now but need to drop it and check it all out before I leave on a trip tomorrow. I'll try and get a picture if I remember this afternoon and post it up.

Phil made a typo, its 98-07 that they are the same.

Good catch
will edit

Power Wagon Family

I Hate Off Camber
Let a little air out if you can and see if it will fit. You can carry a little 12v compressor or run it a little low till you get to a gas station.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Mine fit by giving it a little angle front to back as you raise it up. I have Coopers in the same size (not sure how actual measurements compare) and the integrated bumper hitch. I cannot get the ball in though with the tire in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I dropped my spare this afternoon to figure out how it worked. I'm headed to southern utah in the morning and hadn't looked at the spare before. Its a tight fit for sure but I didn't seem to rub or catch anywhere while it was being raised back up.

H7tEBgsl.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier