BFG KM3 road pressure

bpctaco

yea I was just trying to get a group consensus before I got crazy with chalk BGF recommend 40 and the 45 sidewall is 80psi

bkg

Explorer
yea I was just trying to get a group consensus before I got crazy with chalk BGF recommend 40 and the 45 sidewall is 80psi

sidewall is max pressure... and since (I believe) those are load range E, you'll never need 80 lbs as you'd be waaaay over GVWR for the Tacoma. I personally run 32-ish in my E-rated tires on my 04 doublecab, about the same on my D-rated on the 4runner... and about 25 on my 37's on the xtracab… Star with the 40/45 and drop until you like the wear pattern

thezentree

pretend redneck
I have 30ish psi in my E-range KO2s. My 4Runner is so damn light that what you'd think of as normal pressure in those KO2s will shake your teeth out.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
275/70/17 KO2's. I run 36psi for everyday driving, I could possibly go a bit lower, I might try it and see. For the beach/sand I drop to 20psi and on the trail/rocks I go to 15psi.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I run about 40 psi in 235/85R16 (E-rated) on a mildly built 2008 Tacoma. The chalk test and wear pattern is key. It's a little stiff but if I go lower it tends to cup the outer lugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles