bfdiesel's F350 Crew Cab

bfdiesel

Explorer
I started the engine swap about five weeks ago
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
I needed to shorten the super duty hydro boost shaft
image.jpgimage.jpg
My stock f350 master cylinder bolted right up.

bfdiesel

Explorer
The transmission mount had to be modified a bit.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Got the motor mounts built and painted.
The driver side was built with the air compressor oil drain in it.
image.jpg

bfdiesel

Explorer
Built the 3/8" heated fuel line and mounted the coolant filter right behind the transfer case.
Wiring and plumbing up the driver side.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Mounted the stock glow plug relay on the fender well, it is already wired up to work manually so it can run the grid heaters now.
image.jpg

bfdiesel

Explorer
Tone wheel for the tach had five too many teeth.
image.jpegimage.jpeg
Hooked up a gauge for initial oil pressure check and to put a reference to the ford "normal" range.
image.jpg
Getting the hydro boost plumbed. The medium duty power steering pump has too high of an internal relief valve so I installed an adjustable one.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpeg

bfdiesel

Explorer
How I set the waste gate actuator to 20 psi, I can adjust it from there.
image.jpg
Got the turbo situated.
image.jpg
The super cheap flea bay v clamp wasn't working out so I got a better one.
image.jpg
Built the oil drain for the air compressor.
image.jpg
Plumbed up the after cooler. Used a silicone line off the egr for a 6.7 cummins to cut the 90*'s out of. Worked well.
image.jpgimage.jpg

bfdiesel

Explorer
image.jpg
Used the zf6 slave cylinder and the obs master and line.
image.jpgimage.jpg
Fan clearance turned out nice.
image.jpg
Air filter motivated a radiator pressure tank move. It also displaced the vacuum pump for the HVAC and the water injection pump.
image.jpg
Got the tank and vacuum pump situated the water injection pump is still to be determined. image.jpg

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
Hi BFDiesel,
How did you determine that the tone wheel had 5 too many teeth? I have the same wheel on my 93 that came with a gasser and I always felt that the rpm read higher than it should be, do I need to do this as well?
Thanks for your input and keep up the nice build.
Eldgen.

bfdiesel

Explorer
Hi BFDiesel,
How did you determine that the tone wheel had 5 too many teeth? I have the same wheel on my 93 that came with a gasser and I always felt that the rpm read higher than it should be, do I need to do this as well?
Thanks for your input and keep up the nice build.
Eldgen.
Not sure on the gasser, I thought they originally ran off the distributer. Did you put in a diesel gauge cluster? Mine was an idi and already had a Hall effect sensor on the injection pump gear which has 106 teeth, since that spins with the cam at half crank speed it makes the tone wheel on the crank need 53 teeth.

Last edited:

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
Not sure on the gasser, I thought they originally ran off the distributer. Did you put in a diesel gauge cluster? Mine was an idi and already had a Hall effect sensor on the injection pump gear which has 106 teeth, since that spins with the cam at half crank speed it makes the tone wheel on the crank need 53 teeth.

I still have the gasser cluster in it. I have a diesel one sitting on the bench ready to go in when I wire some toys in later. I do not have the engine that originally came with it anymore so I wouldn't be able to check at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles