Beware the hi-lift assault weapon :)

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
I was watching a show on TV the other day (NW Law or Alaska State Troopers?) and it was about how the dispatcher got a call that someone had pulled their vehicle over to the side of the road and got out with an SKS. Of course all sorts of response to it but when they showed up they tracked the driver to a meadow where he was shooting.....with his camera. The very specific description of an SKS turned out to be his tripod.....No doubt the hysteria over guns, especially evil looking ones, is getting out of control.

762X39

Explorer
I was watching a show on TV the other day (NW Law or Alaska State Troopers?) and it was about how the dispatcher got a call that someone had pulled their vehicle over to the side of the road and got out with an SKS. Of course all sorts of response to it but when they showed up they tracked the driver to a meadow where he was shooting.....with his camera. The very specific description of an SKS turned out to be his tripod.....No doubt the hysteria over guns, especially evil looking ones, is getting out of control.

As I have said before, yeah but it was black, only assault tripods come in black.:coffee:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I can't believe some goofball would know the difference between a sks,ar,or AK yet not be able to tell it's a tripod. What a goof.

borison

Adventurer
When tripods are outlawed only outlaws will have tripods. I don't think we were actually granted the right to bear tripods, so maybe they should be outlawed.

Zeusmotorworks

Wrench swinger MIG burner
Mine had a sock on it... carwash (rinse) guy asked if it was a Barrett in a soft case... mounted up on my roof? :drool:

Made me look and didn't find a listing of how many people were killed with Hi-lifts. Did find that in a year 50-something people were killed by various breeds of dogs (to include Labs), 11k-14k (depending on who you believe) were killed with "firearms", and the most scary statistic, over 251,000 people were killed by malpractice. Do I get a ban on doctors? They are thousands of times more dangerous that all the scary things combined!

I'm just sayin'... no offense to any doctors here :p

craig333

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I'm much more worried about my lab ripping out my throat while I sleep. I know that cute and cuddly thing is just a ruse..

brentbba

Explorer
I keep my Hi-Lift assault rifle on custom mounts I made for the top two tabs on my ARB front bumper. It's a red one, so shouldn't be mistaken for the dreaded black Hi-Lift assault rifle!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94