Better late than never 2005 LJ build.

I've gone through a few storage options in my LJ since I've had it.

First was the Tuffy drawer I picked up on Craigslist for a $150...couldn't pass that deal up! But it rattled too much and I felt it didn't maximize space behind the seat.

Then I saw a few threads of people putting the Contico storage bins behind the rear seat. Just do a quick search for "contico jeep lj" and you'll see what I'm talking about. It's nearly a perfect fit behind the seat with tons of lockable storage. It's my current setup and I don't have to make any modifications to the seat or top to make it fit. Just drop it in the back and your good to go. I can grab a picture tomorrow. Right now it's 20*F and I don't fell like cracking my back window (ah the joys of a soft top)

I plan on swapping a JK 2 door rear seat in soon, so hopefully I can still fit the contico bin behind it. Anyways just a few ideas, have fun with the build...and good call keeping the LJ!

Zeep

Adventurer
I put some washers on the stops, they just barely touch the lower control arms.
No contact at all in back.

I will second the Genright 31 gallon tank. Huge range increase, great product. I have hammered down on it on rocks in Vermont, the skid is indestructible. You do have to cut out a crossmember from the frame. I was originally a little skeptical about this. But, the tank/skid becomes a crossmember and is a lot more steel than what comes out.

I have the undercover fab tummy tuck skid. I do have a 1" bodylift, not sure if it requires it as it was on the jeep when I bought it.

pittsburgh

tacocat
Here is a little bit of an update.

a tree fell on my Tacoma last week driving to work so the LJ has kicked up DD duties.

the old BFG KO's were tired and I was experiencing some death wobble so I decided it was time for new tires and I put a set of 33/10.5/15's under it.

I ve been experiencing some CEL codes referring to o2 sensors, AC Clutch, and the torque converter.

it has shifted weird for years but I wrote it off as being a Jeep.

after researching the 42rle I saw some posts about https://wranglerfix.com it would seem the PCU is known for causing lots of transmission issues and other CEL codes on 05/06 Wranglers.

I spoke with the owner of Wrangler fix and he's pretty confident that one of his PCU's will clear up my problems and help my Jeep be nicer to drive. I am really considering ordering one of these.

has anyone else here had issues with their PCU?

Attachments

• A12F07B3-DF98-450E-94DE-F791959F7435.jpeg
    A12F07B3-DF98-450E-94DE-F791959F7435.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 31
  • E54C976B-9F02-4177-BE5B-29A857359939.jpeg
    E54C976B-9F02-4177-BE5B-29A857359939.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30

Jim K in PA

Adventurer
I never heard of Wranglerfix until your post. My '05 LJ-R with a 6 speed manual has never had ECM/PCM issues or ever displayed unreliable CELs or any other issues.

warrior1

I have nothing useful to add except that I am jealous of you and your LJ. I passed up 2 Lj's in years past and bought a JKU Rubicon. I sold the JKU to my son last month and went on the hunt for an LJ. Ha Ha Ha. Yeah, NO. Nothing to be had for under $20 K. So I bought a JK 2 door instead. I love the Jk but would kill for a Rubi LJ. I remember when $16,500 was expensive for a Rubi LJ!!!

pittsburgh

tacocat
I have nothing useful to add except that I am jealous of you and your LJ. I passed up 2 Lj's in years past and bought a JKU Rubicon. I sold the JKU to my son last month and went on the hunt for an LJ. Ha Ha Ha. Yeah, NO. Nothing to be had for under $20 K. So I bought a JK 2 door instead. I love the Jk but would kill for a Rubi LJ. I remember when $16,500 was expensive for a Rubi LJ!!!

sometimes I am tempted to sell the LJ and the Tacoma and downsize to either a diesel JLU or 2.0 Rubicon!

Even considered the diesel gladiator as well.

But there is something magic about the old LJ ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz