Better front rotors for 2001 Quigley E350?

susswein

Observer
I've got an E350 with the stock Quigley 4wd conversion. Every time I let someone else drive it in the mountains they overuse the brake, and my front brake rotors get overheated and warped. Are there any aftermarket better quality rotors (maybe slotted?) that I can upgrade to in order to solve the warping problem?

Stitebunny

Adventurer
I researched this a lot and ended up going with Stoptech power slot rotors and Hawk pads. They have been doing well.
If you have rear drums make sure they are adjusted and working properly.

FDM2012

Adventurer
I researched this a lot and ended up going with Stoptech power slot rotors and Hawk pads.
They have been doing well. If you have rear drums make sure they are adjusted and working properly.

Ford or GM set up on your hub/rotor assemblies? I have GM on my Q, and want to upgrade when I go SRW (SOON).
Bendix MKD149 is what is calls for, but not sure what the Hawk # would be?

susswein

Observer
resolution

OP here:

I took my van to advanced 4wd here in town, and determined that my quigley used a chevy one ton front axle from model years 85-91, and that no slotted aftermarket rotors are available.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
See if you can find brembo blanks. Cheap and hold up well to abuse. I got better life span with those on our race cars than I did with any slotted rotors. Stay completely away from anything crossdrilled. That and teach the people you loan rig to about utilizing the lower gears.

TomsBeast

I'm considering adding some brake ducting to my front brakes, which get pretty hot coming down long grades at highway speeds in the Sierra-Nevada mountains.

Attachments

• Brake Ducting3.jpg
    Brake Ducting3.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 22

FordGuy1

Adventurer
See if you can do the DynaTrac E-450 upgrade. I did it on one of my customers E-250 and it is excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles