better fabric-design for flippac????

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
I wanna thank crazyivan for getting in touch with me so I could get first hand measurements and an in person look at a flip-Pac!!!

Replacement fabric tops will not be a problem!!! And I've definitely got some improvements in mind for the updated repair tops!!!

Flip Pac and flip back both open..ironically both on diesels!!!

1a2859a850da0dbf8ff0b2568900b148.jpg

Fish eye and perspective don't show that they are almost identical sizes!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Im just waiting on someone to contact me with an order fellas...Should cause a pretty nice influx of orders once the first one is made!!!

inv3ctiv3

Adventurer
Im just waiting on someone to contact me with an order fellas...Should cause a pretty nice influx of orders once the first one is made!!!

I don't think anyone is gonna order one till we can at least see one and get some good photos.....I'm in to buy one but I wouldn't do that till I was able to see some good photos of it....

Series1Rangie

Adventurer
I'm willing to be the guinea pig, but we've only had the flippac for a couple months. Want to use it , and like it, before the tent upgrade. But I'm guessing that will come pretty quick if I have my way!

Looking at the flipback I think that much mesh could be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
I'm willing to be the guinea pig, but we've only had the flippac for a couple months. Want to use it , and like it, before the tent upgrade. But I'm guessing that will come pretty quick if I have my way!

Looking at the flipback I think that much mesh could be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea I love the ventilation it has over the origonal design!!

Waspvl1

Wanderer, I looked at that fabric and it looks great, I wonder if it would work to allow it to breath, use the water proof fabric on top and the water resistant fabric on the sides.

PS, have you made any yet so we can have pictures? Depending on how the tent looks and price, I could definitely be interested.

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
Wanderer, I looked at that fabric and it looks great, I wonder if it would work to allow it to breath, use the water proof fabric on top and the water resistant fabric on the sides.

PS, have you made any yet so we can have pictures? Depending on how the tent looks and price, I could definitely be interested.

Ive been cranking busy with work and taking groups of new friends on backroad trips and havent made one yet.

unfortunately no one near me needs a new tent yet so I havent even had reason or a frame to mock up on as mine is all custom....bummer...

The Artisan

Adventurer
I have used weathermax and polycoated vinyl on projects. Whoever makes your new tents have them look into these materials. Very strong and mold resistant. Also see if you can find someone that has a heat seam sealer machine instead of sewing. No leaks.
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles