Best Snorkel??

Schitzangiggles

King of Macastan
The snorkel is more to get clean air from up higher than the stock location. Just because you read the word snorkel, don't automatically assume aquatic adventures and think more dust control. We have super fine moon dust around here and if you are following someone for even a couple of miles, you can load up enough dust to make a noticible difference in the loss of power.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

^This guy knows, that's why it's also just called a raised intake. I put mine on about 6 years ago to help with fine dust clogging up the air filter on trails and it works great, with the added peace of mind that when I do drive through deeper water, I'm not going to suck it into my intake. Install is an easy job, couple hours with one person, less with two.

DadaDragonheart

These pictures don't have any sealant over the air box mounting bolts, around the joints, where the intake meets the airbox, or over drain hole. Most snorkels are for show or dust, but if you plan on doing actual water crossings, make sure you take it seriously.
Water crossings can be a daily occurrence here in Costa Rica, depending on the time of year and where you're located, not to mention how much trouble you're intentionally looking for. Make sure the install is quality. I'd recommend clamps around every joint and then seal the hell outta your airbox. If you actually plan on going in water, make sure you've got breathers and also take measures to seal off your fuse box. I'm not quite that far into mine yet, but good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne