Best Shocks to eliminate body roll / hi top van

TheRedDawn

Observer
1991 Ford Coachmen Van / E250

I was about to pick up some Bilsteins but found a few threads saying they are soft and more suited for off road.

Anyone here upgraded from stock to Bilsteins and can comment on body roll impact? Or make a suggestion for another brand?

Thanks.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
The Bilsteins will help in all conditions. Call them and talk to a sales guy to get the correct application, tell them what you want!

BajaSportsmobile

Baja Ironman
Bilstein Shocks will help, they are a great off the shelf option, but they do not offer a shock with enough valving to really accomplish what you are looking for - no one does. Airbags are not the solution either. When I got involved with these vans after buying my Sportsmobile, I realized that they really need some help with suspension tuning. I've been tuning off-road racing suspensions for years and decided to tackle this problem for myself. I have a long term relationship with FOX Shox so I chose to start with their new aluminum bodied Performance Series shock. I also have a great relationship with Bilstein and the same could be done with their shocks. Fortunately both shock companies are a short drive from my race shop.

I've had the shocks on and off of the vans so many times and have opened them up changing the valving to get what I think is a great tune after testing and long distance off road use in Baja.

The body roll will be greatly improved with properly valved shocks, the rear is where the problem lies. What is needed is much more rebound damping than any off the self shock offers. Bilstein will custom valve for you as will companies like Mirage Racing Products. They will cost you a little more but the results are worth it. This is just a hobby for me, but here is a little background on what I am talking about.

Fox Shox Ride Improvement Package

My valving specs are not available directly through FOX, although they have been receiving inquires.

bdog1

Adventurer
+1 "body roll"
Sway bar. Stiffer sway bars (F350) Less compliant bushings.

Sent from my weak AT&T iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz