Best settings-action camera- scenic drives

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I went back 12 pages, until most threads were 2015 last updated. Did not find what I was looking for,

My question is pretty simple. I just want to do driving videos when I'm doing scenic routes, nothing crazy or fancy. For example, ill be on the Steens loop in the next few weeks and its a few hour drive.

Just doing video, straight at real time, would be pretty boring and take a lot of memory.

So its probably best to do a timelap * Photo, video* ? What have you all had good luck with doing them. Time lap at 60second intervals, etc? I have experimented a little bit with the moto and time laps, and not had great luck, but that may be due to the shorter ride and faster speed.

I would like to know what has worked well for you.

I have a GoPro knock off the Akaso V50 pro, its been great so far.

Thanks

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I've been messing around with the Adobe rush editing software. Its been nice to use, you can pretty easily speed up the clip.

Happy tails and Safe travels
Hopefully sent from somewhere pretty and remote.
With my entertainment and navigation multitool.

Contract AEMT, Firefighter, MCPIC,Remote Medic, Safety Manager.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I did the same Reith road route, with differing recordings: I think I'll post a comparison video(s), once done editing.

So far, the time lapse was set at 3 seconds: I was way off on my times. That worked well. The entire route in under a minute w/ the stock speed.

The straight video is 45 mins long, took a lot of battery and memory.

Sent from my magical BlackBerry pocket tool, somewhere remote. Happy Tails & Safe Travels

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles