Best road signs

kcowyo

ExPo Original
MaddBaggins said:
Took this yesterday in my neighborhood. It's been this way for months and still makes me laugh everytime I see it.

There's one of those in my town too. Man, the classics never die, do they? :REExeSquatsHL1:

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
pray4surf said:
Took a road trip yesterday from San Diego to Salinas and back, and noticed this sign on the way back. I didn't get a picture, but found a website (many actually)

Gee how apropos... on the anniversary of his death on Sept,30,1955

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
Photo taken up North outside of Flagstaff last Sat, while meeting up with Tacozona on a firewood expedition...

buffalosign.jpg

BogusBlake

2006 Expedition Trophy Champion
I wonder, does sacred white buffalo jerky taste any different than regular old brown buffalo jerky?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
BogusBlake said:
I wonder, does sacred white buffalo jerky taste any different than regular old brown buffalo jerky?

One thing I think is involved is a cermonial cleaning off all the tools and processing equipment before a run of sacred jerky.

I'm easily entertained, but I always get a kick out of the 'FRESH JERKY!' signs.

Oh, and the guy that used to set up on the corner in Colorado Springs selling 'FRESH SEAFOOD!'

Desertdude

Expedition Leader
The real kicker is that they advertise, and have on the premisses, "sacred white buffalo" which they charge a fee to view.

They also sell buffalo jerky - how fresh or sacred, I could not tell you ;)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I can't find my photo of it, but at the top of Nevada Falls in Yosemite, there is a sign that says something like:

"Do not play in the water.
If you slip, you will go
over the waterfall
and die."

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
I just saw this today..... makes no sense. Watch out for teetor totters? lol

There wasn't a park, school or kids anywhere nearby.

11090709381hb4.jpg

MichaelW

Observer
Aside from the regular signs around here like....

Caution
SLOW
Children

Why would anyone want to announce that their offspring is a little challenged?

I like this one.

az-jeep-18.jpg

And I actually was looking to buy property on this road.

az-jeep-16.jpg

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Not exactly a "road" sign. Last stop on the Piccadilly line on the London Underground. I couldn't stop giggling every time they announced it. :p

cockfosters.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior