Best Portable Grill

salsataco

Adventurer
Today is a sad day for me as my Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill has finally died do to the NE rust. It lasted well over 10years! I could rebuild it, but parts are only 10 bucks less then buying a new model. It was easy to transport securely. The legs folded up to keep it closed. Propane allowed it to cool quickly and removed the charcoal hassle. It was just big enough to make a BBQ chicken. So what are you folks using? Are there anymore that I should consider before I get another of these awesome little grills.

adventureduo

Dave Druck [KI6LBB]
RIP Weber, you will be missed. :( I totally understand.. being the BBQ junkie i am.
10 years is a dang good life for a portable grill.

If you search there's quite a few different threads on grills and BBQ.

THATSALEXUS?

Adventurer
If you were happy with the little Weber, I'd replace it. I got a brand new one off of CL for $35.

I think that the little Weber is a really great grill, but I also have a Weber 220 with stand and 10 lb. tank if I'll be cooking for a crowd. It was definately the highlight of my Rubithon trip last year:chef:.

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
I am a huge Weber fan and have a portable charcoal grill myself. I say stick with a sure bet and get another Weber. You and I both know you can't go wrong with one of them!

sundaypunch

Observer
It depends on how portable you need. I have a Notebook Folding grill and love it. The downside is that it is light duty and doesn't have a lid. The upside is that it works great and packs smaller than any other grill.

I have had no issues using it and love the fact that it folds flat. If space was not an issue for me I would probably just bring a Smokey Joe.

EDIT - oops, I now see that you are looking for a gas grill.

Last edited:

AndrewP

Explorer
Actually, you want a Solaire. Do a search here and read up on it. It is far, far better than the Weber Go-Anywhere. Highly recommended. You get charcoal type heat, without the charcoal mess.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Another option to consider is the Pit-2-Go. It functions as both a charcoal grill and a firepit for occasions where you want to get your fire off the ground.

salsataco

Adventurer
Good suggestions here. Thanks. So far I am going to stick with what has worked. The SonOfHibachi seems awesome, but I cook with a lid. The solaire is nice as well, but not sure that the food will taste $300 better....

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Today is a sad day for me as my Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill has finally died do to the NE rust. It lasted well over 10years! I could rebuild it, but parts are only 10 bucks less then buying a new model. It was easy to transport securely. The legs folded up to keep it closed. Propane allowed it to cool quickly and removed the charcoal hassle. It was just big enough to make a BBQ chicken. So what are you folks using? Are there anymore that I should consider before I get another of these awesome little grills.

Next get a COBB BBQ and it will last longer than you!

RgrBox

Adventurer
I though about something simular for my terrace.. I can make a wood fire in winter, and enjoy the warmth..

RB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94