BEST PLACE TO MOUNT A HI-LIFT JACK ON A FULLSIZE TRUCK?

plumber mike

Adventurer
Keeping it inside the cab is great until you use it and it gets covered in mud. Same with the recovery straps. I try and save the cab for personal accessories and use the toolbox for tools.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Thanks for the replies. I'm running stock bumpers, and I'm able to jack up the truck with no problems. ('Looking to get a "hidden" winch bumper for the front in the future, but this probably won't have any mounting points for a jack either)
I'm surprised your stock bumpers wouldn't cave in with the weight. The last one I had mounted on the inside rail of the pickup bed. Those jacks can injure you if don't plan out the strategy.

old .45

Observer
You bring up the very subtle differences between overlanding and just plain old driving around.

Get some orange plastic boards if your going to hide the jack.
Yes on recovery tracks.... and I have carried my Hi-Lift inside my F150 for the last 5 years it is in a plastic(?) case made for the jack. I can't remember the manufacture of it tho. anything in the truck on the floor in the back is under a strong net to keep any thing from flying around if in an accident... a muddy jack in the case keeps the back clean, same with traction boards if muddy they also go in a bag made for them as they are strapped in the bed.... where I sleep. this system worked very well for me for a long time as I go solo.?

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Mines ratchet strapped to the rear seat frame. It's not going anywhere. It's easy to fab a metal mounting bracket as well, then the strap is redundant.

On the '17, I'm considering just drilling two holes in the floor and simply through bolting it to the cab.

Sir, could you please tell my why you're attempting to reanimate the dead?

5460018-police-officer-writing-a-ticket.jpg

PNWsilverado

I Mounted in the bed using the Jeep hood mounts and used nut-inserts to anchor the mount to. The brand i choose was lockable here is the link - Amazon High Lift mount
Hope it helps those that are still looking all this time.

Attachments

• 20200319_140441.jpg
    20200319_140441.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • 20200319_140453.jpg
    20200319_140453.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Great idea mounting a farm jack inside the cab. But the real question is other than the rear hitch, how and where do you plan on using the farm jack? Have you ever actually used it? Have you actually used it on the trail? All my off road friends have one, however everytime a vehicle breaks down or gets stuck it's my unijack that has always been used.

billiebob

how and where do you plan on using the farm jack? Have you ever actually used it? Have you actually used it on the trail?
Rural Alberta farm boy here. It rode in my pickup for 20 years. It ONLY got used to pull fence posts. Highly practical for a farmer. Hence it is not a HighLift, It is a FarmJack. Have not needed it for 20 years but this summer I'll be pulling 40 more fence posts. It serves me fine in the garage.

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Rural Alberta farm boy here. It rode in my pickup for 20 years. It ONLY got used to pull fence posts. Highly practical for a farmer. Hence it is not a HighLift, It is a FarmJack. Have not needed it for 20 years but this summer I'll be pulling 40 more fence posts. It serves me fine in the garage.

billiebob,

Absolutely, I use my farmjack around my yard all the time, for fence posts and puling out small trees and moving big rocks. Useless for 90% of people on the trail that do not have steel front and rear bumpers and rock rails. Pretty darn good marketing for a cool looking paperweight. Mine has not earned garage space yet, still hiding in the barn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles