Best piece of kit for your rig........a Beagle!!!!!

wesel123

Explorer
We found this little guy about 3 weeks ago totally emaciated and dehydrated. His paw pads were torn and bloody, he had obviously been running for a while.

He was running down a major street in our neck of the woods so I jumped out and picked him up. We have posted adds in Craigslist, LA Times, Recycler and all the local dog parks and groomers, no one has claimed him. I took him over to the local SPCA to see if he has a chip and he does not. Not sure why someone would give up a VERY sweet little boy.

We need to find him a good home, we would LOVE to keep him but the landlord and the city only allow 2 dogs (and we are sooooo at our limit with the beasts we have).

We adopted out another Beagle here on expo with great success and I'm NOT taking him to a "Beagle Rescue" or to the pound. We want him to have a good home and all of us EXPO folks are dog lovers!!!!

He's back to full health now, pads are healed and he's putting on weight. Not looking for any cash, adoption fee or anything....just a good home with kids (he LOVES our 6 year old).

I can take more pics if need be, and we'll be home all weekend if someone wants to see him. Call me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Ian

323-775-24920

2012-07-17_20-57-09_804.jpg

2012-07-17_20-57-29_91.jpg

Last edited:

obscurotron

Adventurer
Lakewood Ca 90713

Uh, what's wrong with Beagle Rescue? Norcal Beagle Rescue does some phenomenal work. Our first beagle came from a kennel (as he snores away over on the couch, dreaming about rabbits, or something...), but our second came from rescue. She wasn't in bad shape, but since she was an old dog, wasn't going to adopt out easily. She gave us many years of happiness and companionship before she passed.

If the local beagle rescue has some sort of issue, let me know. I'd be willing to take her to the Norcal folks, if you can't find a local home for her. They do excellent work. I would adopt your little guy myself, but we're not introducing new dogs into the house until the kid is older and more savvy.

wesel123

Explorer
I'm glad you have a good rescue up north....lets just say I have a not so good opinion on how rescues are run down here.

That being said this thread CANNOT turn into a debate on rescues. This is about a good pup whom needs a good home. :)

Last edited:

doug720

Expedition Leader
Love the Beag's...We had one for 16 years who had that "Sweet harmonious voice"!

We already have 3 dogs, so we are out, but will keep a lookout. We have adopted many dogs from rescues, including our Vizsla and Jack Russel. All have been great and are doing this this because they love dogs, not a paid civil servant! So odd if beagle rescue is not so good...

Good luck and hope he goes to a great home!

Doug

DCH109

Adventurer
OMG, if i could get him to Virginia i would take him. He would make a great buddy for my 9yo Beagle Harley.

Thanks for rescuing him!!

If you do not find someone local.. lets see what we can do.

obscurotron

Adventurer
I'm glad you have a good rescue up north....lets just say I have a not so good opinion on how rescues are run down her.

That being said this thread CANNOT turn into a debate on rescues. This is about a good pup whom needs a good home. :)

And I'm offering to help transport the animal to a rescue group that I know, firsthand, carefully places beagles and beagle-mixes. And you're being stubborn. You don't care about the dog, you care about you. In rescue work, we see LOTS of people like you, the "Holier-Than-Thou" complex. It really does the animals no good.

I feel sorry for that beagle. He just became a pawn for your conscience. Poor dog. :(

wesel123

Explorer
And I'm offering to help transport the animal to a rescue group that I know, firsthand, carefully places beagles and beagle-mixes. And you're being stubborn. You don't care about the dog, you care about you. In rescue work, we see LOTS of people like you, the "Holier-Than-Thou" complex. It really does the animals no good.

I feel sorry for that beagle. He just became a pawn for your conscience. Poor dog. :(

Listen I asked you VERY politely to not let this turn into a pedestal for you and your "rescue" Please. I'm not holier than thou....the dog is not a pawn for my conscience..I'm not being stubborn

I'm kindly asking you to NOT add to this thread. Feel free to call me if you are offended by this.

BIGdaddy

Expedition Leader

OMG, dude, calm down. :D lol.

There's a whole world out there, take a deep breath and go enjoy it!

kjp1969

Explorer
Jeeze, no good deed goes unpunished, eh?

Ian,
You're doing a good thing. I'm going to forward this to a couple of families that I know who may be interested. Good luck to you and the hound.

stioc

Expedition Leader

******??!

Ian, I would so take the little guy off your hands if he came to you 3 weeks ago. We JUST adopted a 1yo sheperd/akita mix (our first dog) and he's a handful in every respect. Best of luck and I'll pass the word on to the dog lovers I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles