best, most recent, top of the line jump start / power pack?

rkj__

Adventurer

I received a Noco GB40 as a gift. It is the only option I carry to deal with a dead starter battery. I can't review it though, as I have yet to use it. There are many reviews on Amazon, but many are after only a single use, so it's hard to put too much weight on those. I can tell you my brother in law used one to jump start his Ford Focus one time, and while that is a true story, I'm sure you won't find that very helpful.

steelhd

Observer
I will be interested to see what others post about their experiences with the pocket units.
I carried a Microstart XP1 for a couple of years and used it to start a 4.0 Jeep twice and to recharge various electronics around camp. Worked great, no complaints. Now I carry a Microstart XP10 for extra capacity and the XP1 is in my wife's car. So far have only used the XP10 to start a small 4 cyl but they claim it will work up to a 7.3L diesel.

crx7

You can never have too many batteries, I have 4 in my truck:

stock starter battery which hasn't failed me yet.
18aH sitting between the fuse box and master cylinder in the engine compartment, which is isolated with a cheap solenoid and charges off the alternator only when the engine is on
35aH which charges off the 100w solar panel on the slide in camper roof.
Jump starter battery pack just in case we run everything else down. Walmart purchase for $60 which says it will start V8 engines more than once. I use the quick charge feature to charge our phones.

ITTOG

I have been using a Schumacher SJ1289 1200 Amp 12V Jump Starter with Air Compressor for the past for or five years. I use it about three times a year in below freezing, or close to it, weather to charge phones and as a jump pack as needed. Just jumped someone last week with about 45% capacity remaining. Search the name on Amazon and you will find it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles