best homemade van build forum, expo forum for van builds seems dead

Abitibi

Explorer
A bit late in the chat but I agree things here don't seem to be as interactive as they used to be. On my first Ambo build thread I had tons of people jumping in with questions or suggestions. On my 2nd ambo build thread sometime I feel like I'm talking to myself, lol. And the 2nd build is even more extreme! Maybe I'm also guilty on not posting as regularly or maybe not as detailed but pretty quiet at the end of the day...

Cheers!
David

iggi

Ian
Yep,

It feels more like a few friends occasionally sharing pics from their builds than what the forum used to be.
Mostly it seems like I'm here to post my updates as my own personal journal, see what you, @PlethoraOfGuns, @Bikersmurf and a few other people are up to, plus see if @mgmetalworks has any updates.

This seems pretty much a universal problem for anything that's not super mainstream.
Same problems with a climbing based web forum I used to help run. It was dying and people claimed it was due to a crappy experience on mobile but after raising some $$ and spending a bunch of time to fix it, usage continued to plummet until we finally gave up and retired it.

The ambulance conversion FB group I started in 2019 has probably 50x the action every day but a bunch of it is just the same 5-8 questions being asked again plus people posting glory shots of their rigs.

A bit late in the chat but I agree things here don't seem to be as interactive as they used to be. On my first Ambo build thread I had tons of people jumping in with questions or suggestions. On my 2nd ambo build thread sometime I feel like I'm talking to myself, lol. And the 2nd build is even more extreme! Maybe I'm also guilty on not posting as regularly or maybe not as detailed but pretty quiet at the end of the day...

Cheers!
David

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
I have kind of the opposite problem. I'm always on the hunt for the obscure. I swear, if I see one more Sprinter van build their kitchen in their sliding side door! Haha, jk, I know that really is the best location for that. But I like to see the weird and extraordinary stuff people do. Forget the mainstream, let me see what you crazy people are putting together!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior