Best HD Rear Bumper for a 2010 Ram 2500

Halligan

Adventurer
I was recently involved in a slow speed accident. While stopped in a parking lot I was rear ended. The person was probably going 5mph and due to my truck's height she basically went under my bumper. She suffered a fair amount of damage to her hood, bumper, and grill.

My truck came out mostly unscathed but still suffered a little damage. Her adjuster will be looking at my truck and I'm sure I'll be cut a check. What I would like to do is replace the tin foil factory bumper with an aftermarket HD bumper. I've looked online at Road Armor, Fab Fours, Smitty Built, Reunel, Aluminess, and others.

I would like to keep my factory trailer plug arrangement and I also have the back up sensors in the bumper. However, for the right bumper I'll give them up. I see most come powder coated but I'm leaning towards Line-X for durability.

I'm all ears if you have input.

High_Country

Adventurer
Check out Backwoods Bumpers as well as Trail Ready Bumpers. I prefer the look of the backwoods rear bumper but LOVE the trail ready front bumper.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Check out Backwoods Bumpers as well as Trail Ready Bumpers. I prefer the look of the backwoods rear bumper but LOVE the trail ready front bumper.
Trail Ready's product looks good! I do wish they'd offer a non-winch front model though. I got a very informative e-mail from the rep. Everything comes with a double powdercoated finish as I recall.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I recently bought a aluminess front bumper and have nothing but good things to say about aluminess.
I've visited the Aluminess factory here. Pretty impressive product. They had crated up an order for a Canadian customer while I was there. Looked like it would arrive unscathed.

Mako1114

Adventurer
Trail Ready's product looks good! I do wish they'd offer a non-winch front model though. I got a very informative e-mail from the rep. Everything comes with a double powdercoated finish as I recall.

Trail Ready bumpers looks very similar to Buckstop. Any known affiliation?

Cheers

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Cactus Red will have a Backwoods on soon - it should ship next week. For the $$$, it's one heck of a nice bumper.

Sent via gigawatt laser...

Halligan

Adventurer
I'm 99% it will be a backwoods bumper. Just need to get the insurance money first. Crawler, how long did yo wait for your bumper?

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
It's about a 6 week wait. Ordered mine on the 12th of Feb, it should ship next week if all goes according to schedule.

Sent via gigawatt laser...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles