Best grill gloves

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I've been using the "Ove-Glove" for a couple of seasons now and have lost one. I'm in the market for a new pair.

One thing I didn't like about the cloth Ove-Glove is that if you spill bacon grease or boiling water on the glove it goes right through the weave and burns the holy hell out of you.

I will be using them for:
  • Moving the hot grill around
  • Handling boiling grease or other liquids
  • Grabbing emergency items (that are on fire or almost) and moving them to anywhere else.
What's the general consensus about the best camping hot gloves? Leather? Silicone? Ove-Glove?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
For moving logs and other things in the fire...... I use the cross brace / legs off a long broken wal-mart camp chair... Works like a giant pair of tongs. I know. I'm fancy.

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
For moving logs and other things in the fire...... I use the cross brace / legs off a long broken wal-mart camp chair... Works like a giant pair of tongs. I know. I'm fancy.

View attachment 514914

Lol, innovative! I actually pack a pair of long tongs and a poker from Snow Peak (because I'm a Pyro and like to play with the fire). The gloves will be more for emergency issues....like if my grill starts on fire. I want to be able to quickly pick it up and throw it in the creek or something. Patting out coals that "snap-crackle-pop" into my clothing or chair, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke