Best dual battery tray for '07 JK?

ventura911

Adventurer
Looking at MORE, Rugged Ridge, Benchmark, etc. for a pair of Diehard Platinum AGMs. Any input on what you have used, which is sturdiest or easiest to install, etc., would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Kevin

steve_r2

Kev,
I have the MORE dual battery tray with the Painless Digital Management System. Very happy with both.
Installation of the MORE tray was pretty straightforward. Had mine powder coated and its very sturdy.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
We have tried all the dual battery options for the JK. In our opinion the MORE is the best fit and the easiest to install.

Espo78

Adventurer
We have tried all the dual battery options for the JK. In our opinion the MORE is the best fit and the easiest to install.

Just curious, as that is a bold statement to make. Have you tried the Genesis system? It is fairly new to market.

Main Line Overland

Supporting Sponsor
Dual Battery Tray

We built our own. We plan on doing a Hemi swap down the road, so why buy another tray when that time comes. This tray allows room for the Hemi swap, and also keeps the airbox in the stock location for use with our AEV snorkel. One of our best mods to date.

Dual Battery tray.jpg

dual battery.jpg

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Just curious, as that is a bold statement to make. Have you tried the Genesis system? It is fairly new to market.
Mike,

It was a bold statement, probably too bold. I should have said we have tried "many" of the dual battery solutions that are available on the market. All the ones we tried we had to modify with the plasma cutter, there have also been issues with relocating components within the engine compartment, along with labor intensive installs. The one exception was the MORE system.

I looked at the link for the Genesis unit, and no we haven't tried their set up so I can't say if it works well or not.

What has your experience been with this unit? Is the install straight forward? Does it involve much modification of the stock equipment? Does it require relocation of components, and how easy was it is to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94