Best Deal in a Recovery Kit?

adrenaline503

Explorer
So I go to my truck tonight and see that at some point today someone had broken in and stolen all my recovery gear, ripped out my dash etc etc. So I had JUST finished piecing together my kit last week, now it is gone. Instead of piecing it together I will probably just buy a complete kit. So far I like the ARB Premium Recovery kit. For around $370.00 it includes:

- 1x P/No. ARB501 Recovery Bag Large
- 1x P/No. ARB705 17,500lb Snatch Strap
- 1x P/No. ARB730 26,500lb x 10’ Tree Trunk Protector
- 1x P/No. ARB720 9,900lb x 66’ Winch Extension Strap
- 1x P/No. ARB220 Recovery Damper
- 1x P/No. GLOVES Leather Recovery Gloves
- 2x P/No. ARB207D 10,640lbs, 3/4” Pin, D-Shackle
- 1x P/No. 10100020 Snatch Block 9000

Any better deals out there?

alaskaboy

Observer
Just for my edification,

if you want to maximize your 10K winch, the snatch block should be rated for 20K. Is that correct?

Thanks.

greentruck

Adventurer
I'm not even going to try to definitively answer what load is on the snatch block in a pull There was a recent dust-up on MUD along similar lines and I'm no engineer.:sombrero:

That said WLL is usually a rating for overhead/vertical use, where everything is spec-ed to 4 times the rated load. So a 4 1/2 ton snatch block should be OK with a horizontal load 36,000 lbs.

If in doubt, buy the big one with the 6-ton rating, which would give you a 48,000 lbs limit. Since Warn sells these as their biggest snatch blocks, I suspect that should serve you well.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
I bought a

20k 20ft Kerr rope
2 d shackles
30k 6ft tree saver
Winch line bag
Set of gloves
18k pulley block

All in a kit, it was on sale for $99. Might nit be heavy enough for your requirements but if you are interested, shoot me a pm

-Sam

Master-Pull

Supporting Sponsor
We have a bunch of kits available and we can also custom make a kit if you want something different, let me know if you want info on any specific ones.

-Alex

adrenaline503

Explorer
Well, ideally I would like something like the ARB kit for a similiar price. I have found it for about $340.00 on sale, then $30.00 for shipping. I was happy with the ARB straps I had.

- 1x P/No. ARB501 Recovery Bag Large (nice but not required)
- 1x P/No. ARB705 17,500lb Snatch Strap (essential)
- 1x P/No. ARB730 26,500lb x 10’ Tree Trunk Protector (essential)
- 1x P/No. ARB720 9,900lb x 66’ Winch Extension Strap (essential)
- 1x P/No. ARB220 Recovery Damper (nice but not required)
- 1x P/No. GLOVES Leather Recovery Gloves (nice but not required)
- 2x P/No. ARB207D 10,640lbs, 3/4” Pin, D-Shackle (essential)
- 1x P/No. 10100020 Snatch Block 9000 (essential)

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Fwiw ARB just announced a price drop in the popular RK9 Recovery Kit (the only you guys are listing above) just this morning. You should see prices dropping at retailers shortly.

mires

Adventurer
Yup.

-Alex

I didn't realize it had the winch extension in it. That's obviously the bulk of the price. I didn't mean to sound snide. On a side note, I would love to pick up one of your super yankers as my very first recovery rope. Which one would you recommend for a Montero Sport?

frgtwn

Adventurer
The best deal is one that is not available, as far as I know.

ATTENTION VENDORS!

How about a kit that the buyer specs himself? Put in a few "must purchase" items, (Bag or whatever), perhaps a price point/discount ($200 or more 10% off; $400 or more, 15% off), and let the games begin.

I, for one, do not need your gloves, even with the cutsie 3letters.

Buy the really good snatch block, maybe the no name tree strap. You get the idea.

Well, how about it, Vendors?

Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior