Best Cheap Air Compressor for Tire Inflation at the Trail Head?

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
The new Napa twin compressor seems to be the hot ticket these days. Unfortunately, they sold out as soon as everyone found out.
Hopefully they will be back in stock soon. For just over hundred bucks it has amazing specs.

View attachment 712668

I got my first flat in a really really long time (2" gash through the tread of General APT SL stock tires with 18k miles) on a gravel shelf road at night a few days ago. Managed to get it sealed well enough with a few tire plugs and aired up with the Napa twin compressor. Worked really well and it's super fast. I like it better than my old ARB twin I had in my GX. Also I can't believe how thin the stock tire is....new tires on order.

Zeep

Adventurer
Checked last week on the NAPA unit. They still have no idea when they will be available!

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
Same here which is too bad cause I’m waving my cash lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Cheap?
Here's a couple.....
Is under US$10 cheap?
Hand Pump With Gauge Inflate Cars Motorcycles Bicycles Tyre Tire Heavy SH | eBay

Then there is this.... (the bottom one)..
09-01-04 009.jpg
Allows you to connect your propane bottle to an air hose (different connections may apply :) ). All care and no responsibility :)

Personally, my air compressor is one of the most important tools I carry. The ability to air down and reinflate tyres on a regular basis is critical and "no compressor" would be crippling in remote areas.
"Cheap" is not a good start point.

Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

toddz69

Explorer
Lucky you - I checked all the stores here in the Phoenix area and it doesn’t appear that we have any here.

Todd Z.

emtmark

Austere Medical Provider
NAPA has them back in stock, brick/mortar.

Called my local NAPA they said they didn’t have it then they called somebody and called me back. Word from the somebody that it was a one time deal and it’s not restocked and not coming back my emotions feel toyed with.

I guess people are finding new old stock!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NAPA has them back in stock, brick/mortar.
So I hassled an asst. mgr. at the location and found out that someone processed a return as part of a large multi-item purchase including this compressor, so it briefly showed up as available at that one particular location. Gotta love it.

Markal

I use the Dewalt 20v inflator, in part because I already use Dewalt tools and batteries. It also works off a 12v “lighter” outlet. It’s slow, but reliable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles