Best Bronco for overlanding

CoreyHendo

I think that when you look at all that is included in the Sasquatch package, it'd be hard to pass on it -- unless something specific is a deal break (don't like 35" because of cost/availability/mpgs for example). Getting the more robust drivetrain pieces, lockers, and better gearing for the larger tires would cost as much or more if you were to want to add them down the road and can't do all the work yourself. I own a 2020 Ranger Lariat on 33's and think the 2.3/10speed combination works perfectly. I'd have to really contemplate the cost difference ($300-1800 depending on package/options) when picking the engine/transmission option based on my extremely positive experience with the 2.3 Ecoboost.

85_Ranger4x4

The sasquatch package gives a far steeper transfer case reduction and steeper final gear doesn't it?

To me that's where the big $ is.
You can always sell the 35s and get some milder, narrower ATs in a 33-34 for a bit better fuel economy and road manners.

And you are still churning the 4.70 cogs but with smaller tires for added fuel flow.

We have a Black Diamond reserved. It will be a mere mortal one, no squatch.

4.46 gears, which in other realms are still pretty deep for piddly 32's (my OLD 302 with 3.73's toys with 31's)
32" General Grabbers (same size many Rubicons had from the factory, I loved that size on my '150)
Advanced 4wd
Rear locking differential
Washout interior
2.3 will have more more hp and almost as much torque as anything else I have ever owned. I4 for easy maintenance.

Nice fuel sipping northern US rural daily driver/family car that can travel across several states comfortably to go play when needed is what I am after... kind of hits an overlanding vibe.

And if you are going to be adding a bunch of crap to it, you can stuff more junk in if you get a more basic package. For example Ford won't let you get the roof rails on some things (like Sasquatch) because of GVWR concerns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior