Best Alarm for TJ?

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Well

Owned it less than a month, and someone has tried to break into the Brute. I hate theives!

Any suggestions for an alarm or other theft prevention suggestions that won't get me 5-10 in the local lockup for shooting the bastards?

Yetters

1stDeuce

Explorer
Get a large dog. Leave him in the front seat. That is the ONLY thing that will keep people from breaking in. Best deterrent short of that is a flashing red light inside. The alarm is useless, because if it goes off, the damage is already done.

FWIW, I don't keep valuables in my Jeep if I'm not in it, and I don't lock it, EVER. My Jeep is a soft top, so locking it is stupid anyway. If you don't lock the doors, they can't break in, and if there's nothing to steal, they'll just shut the door and walk off hopefully. Beats a broken window any day. :)

Stoked

Observer
FWIW, I don't keep valuables in my Jeep if I'm not in it, and I don't lock it, EVER. My Jeep is a soft top, so locking it is stupid anyway. If you don't lock the doors, they can't break in, and if there's nothing to steal, they'll just shut the door and walk off hopefully. Beats a broken window any.

I'm the same way...I just hope the would-be thief is smart enough to check the door before they go slashing their way in through my soft top.

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
I'm the same way...I just hope the would-be thief is smart enough to check the door before they go slashing their way in through my soft top.

My buddy with a TJ had signs posted on the softop that said, "The doors are open. Please don't cut my windows."

rubicon91

Explorer
Yeah I agree I had had 4 jeeps all soft tops and I never ever lock(ed) my doors. It is useless and if they cut your top now it is extremely pricey as well. I dont even lock my center console or glove box as they will just rip it open. I have a tuffy under seat security box for valuables I must lock up when at beach etc. I learned hard way from my 1st Jeep. Aftermarket radios, radar detectors, and lots more gone. It sucks but it is part of owning a Jeep. I also have seen plenty of stuff on the outside go bye bye on others Jeeps. LED lights seem to be the thing lately that I have seen disappear most for people.

rubicon91

Explorer
My buddy with a TJ had signs posted on the softop that said, "The doors are open. Please don't cut my windows."

I like this here. Simple and cost effective. Maybe you could think about having a vinyl sticker made with this and put on your Jeep somewhere.

Yetters

Wonder whats around that
Well,

Well,

Good ideas all around, but I think you should be able to park your Jeep and not have to deal with these pricks.

Yetters

Koabean

Unlocked doors, Tuffy glove. Get used to it if you have a soft top. Annoys me every time, but I have driven soft top Jeeps for 20 years and there is no solution.

finnd1

Testudineous Dan
Doorless and topless all summer, every summer. Tuffy center console as well as tuffy glove box. Never had a problem save for one night at a jeep event my led mag light went missing. Found it in the back seat the next morning, whoever had needed it returned it when done

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

R.G.

Dime Trucker
Get yourself one of these. Problem solved.;)
Joe_Pesci.jpg

Ok serious now, there really is no good answer. Locking boxes, and a sticker saying not to cut the top are the cheapest. You can also get one of the after market alarms that alerts you that the alarm is going off. The only other thing that has worked for me in the past is a short guy with a bad attitude, and a baseball bat...Criminals don't call the cops much.

iluv83vettes

Adventurer
A prominently displayed sticker from your local gun range/store can't hurt. Like the old saying goes- its not the alarm that keeps 'em out. Its the sticker next to the door.

"Oh look, a gun range sticker. Maybe that duffle bag has a couple guns in it. I should take it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94