Belafonte Reboot....Ambulance to 4x4 Camper Conversion

tgreening

Expedition Leader
This thread is pretty much useless till I get back home and find the time to fix the fiasco Photochucket created.

Sorry to the folks coming in for some ideas/inspiration.

Happy 4th!

FDM2012

Adventurer
???

Tom, I just checked several different pages of your thread, and your photo's are showing just fine.
Are you not able to see them?

How much longer are you going to be at Ft. Wilderness?

Eric

This thread is pretty much useless till I get back home and find the time to fix the fiasco Photochucket created.

Sorry to the folks coming in for some ideas/inspiration.

Happy 4th!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Leaving on the 17th.

I'm not worried about dloading them. Everything on there I have stored elsewhere. Actually several elsewheres, but I'm not intending to dink with it till I get back home and have access to an actual computer. Some things don't get along with IOS and for some reason it seems like sites such as Photobucket (and others) are at the top of that list.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Don't try to weld when testing out new prescription contacts. Especially when they aren't really meant for close up work. Don't try to stack reading glasses on top of contacts because that doesn't work either.

I bought a Harbor Freight receiver style cargo basket to use as a cab mount basket. Of course it was about 18" too narrow, which I knew so I cut and welded in some extension tubing, while half blind. It shows. Badly. Sad pictures to follow. Maybe. :)

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Mine looked like this one. I wanted one side open so I didn't have to be tied to a hard n fast cargo size. I just did away with the hitch mount and added about 12-16 inches of tubing between the two halves.

27728E8B-FE11-450F-ADC1-3BF97A92445A.jpeg

patoz

Expedition Leader
I hate to hear that, but here is a picture I found of it at ExPo East 2017.

ExPo East 2017.jpg

Are you planning on getting another one, or switching to a van or something even smaller?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Probably nothing at the moment. It’s a matter of logistics. My last house I had 11.5k sq ft of garage space, with lifts and the whole shebang, but some less than desirable neighbors were moving in and the school system wasn’t doing it for me. So we moved, in between school yrs, which doesn’t leave a whole lot of time for finding and closing and moving into a new house. But we found a nice place in an excellent school system, but my garage space shrank TREMENDOUSLY. My detached is just under 1000 sq ft. My wife has the Soccer Van. I have a Tacoma, the Ambo, a CJ7, an F350 CC dually, a Jeep J20 pickup truck, and a Unimov. And a 41’ 5th wheel toy hauler. When we settled on this place (coming down to the wire) I thought there was no zoning because it’s a rural area and there’s no HOA here. Oops. No HOA but zoning says I can have 1400 sq ft of detached anything, so....

Stuff has to go. Plus the wife would like to move to Florida. Meh..but happy wife and all that.

I’m going to get rid of the Ambo, the Cj, and probably the Unimog. Cool as snot but slower than cold snot and not really practical in the first place. Probably keep the Taco because it’s the only thing I drive that fits in the main garage, and the Superduty till I decide on keeping the camper, or go for the class A. Oh, and a 26’ tri-axle gooseneck. :)

Too much STUFF!

Anyway, I’m going to get some non-photochuckit pics together this weekend and post up an ad. Maybe do the eBay thing. Hate to see it go but it’s kind of run it’s course for me anyway. Wanted to do something different, and I did.

Next! :)

patoz

Expedition Leader
I understand about too much stuff, and I have my share of it. I live in a very small sub-division house right now, with no room for anything, much less an actual shop or garage. I'm hoping to move sometime in the near future, and loose a lot of this junk in the process.

BTW, I have come across a couple of Browser Extensions (thanks Java) that will let you see blocked Photobucket pictures.

If you use Google Chrome, install this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

If you use Firefox, install this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?hotlinkfix=1507762307794

I don't know of any for Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, or anything for Apple Products, but I'm sure there are probably some out there or on the way. You may have to just search for them.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Use Firefox and found that extension a while back. Works for. Laptops/desk tops but I haven’t found anything that works on Apple mobile browsers. Might be out there somewhere but haven’t found it yet.

Coachgeo

Explorer
I understand about too much stuff, and I have my share of it. I live in a very small sub-division house right now, with no room for anything, much less an actual shop or garage. I'm hoping to move sometime in the near future, and loose a lot of this junk in the process.

BTW, I have come across a couple of Browser Extensions (thanks Java) that will let you see blocked Photobucket pictures.

If you use Google Chrome, install this one: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

If you use Firefox, install this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?hotlinkfix=1507762307794....
Thanx.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Pretty amazed theres over 210K views on this thread. I sure hope most folks have figured out the photobucket work around so they can at least see the pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94