Belafonte Reboot....Ambulance to 4x4 Camper Conversion

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Tom, I got my axle installed first...I win!!

That is a great picture of the dog! You could probably win a contest with that.

Yeah, but if you factor in the penalty you incur for farming it out and paying someone to do it vs DIY, I actually have another 30 days and still get in under the deadline. :p

That's my boy. He's a huge pain in the ******** but he's got personality coming out the ears and he's so dang lovable it's ridiculous. Hard to describe what it's like living with him. He's like a 4-legged walking comedy show. Hes also epileptic and requires some fairly potent meds to keep it minimized. The vet says as long his seizures come in fairly spaced out singles it's not hurting him, but man are they hard to watch. I can't help but feel like I'm watching him die just a little bit every time it happens and it breaks my heart. He's such a sweet big baby and doesn't deserve it.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Dang Tom, I gave you credit for the dog picture! I did spend all day there, offering technical advise and lending moral support, so that should count for something.

If I had a decent place to work like you do it would be different, but for what little he charged me for the fabrication and installation, it just wasn't worth me trying to do it. He handled the ordering and received it, so I didn't have to worry about picking up and trying to handle a 300 lb. axle by myself. Plus, they will dispose of the old tires for free. And, it has a warranty!

It sounds like you have a great friend there!

Last edited:

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Belafonte Reboot....

Welll, it took 60 days for me to get my springs. I was 'bout ready to spaz out.

Can you believe it cost me $100 stinking dollars to buy lug nuts? The standards were $2.58 ea and the metrics were 2.81 ea. EACH!!! I was about ready to rip offa their fargin bells and shuvem uppa deir fargin iceholes. Hey-sues, a lug nut for crikies sake.

Remind me again why this is a good idea....

java

Expedition Leader
Welll, it took 60 days for me to get my springs. I was 'bout ready to spaz out.

Can you believe it cost me $100 stinking dollars to buy lug nuts? The standards were $2.58 ea and the metrics were 2.81 ea. EACH!!! I was about ready to rip offa their fargin bells and shuvem uppa deir fargin iceholes. Hey-sues, a lug nut for crikies sake.

Remind me again why this is a good idea....

HA thats nothing.... Try the Ford flat faced lugs for Dualies for about $10 EACH.
611-127.jpg

Your making good progress!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Normally I'd have just went to my favorite truck salvage yard, but since they up and shredded everything it contained I'm at a bit of a loss now. They had lug nuts by the bucket load and essentially gave them away. Apparently they weren't really considered a sale item.

ert01

Adventurer
Why do you specifically want the open ended nuts? They seem more prone to allowing thread damage and corrosion and causing grief in the future than the closed end nuts are... Or maybe I'm missing something here?

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure the closed nuts are tall enough to tighten up on the studs. The studs are 2"+ tall. I don't like the look on the rims they'll be used on. I DESPISE chrome, with a passion, so the less of it the better.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
Ruined a shackle bolt and went to Ford to get two replacements. Replace one migt as well replace both right? So $28 later I have two special, apparently made from gold plated unobtanium, spiffy bolts coming. Starting to feel like a prison b***h getting hosed so bad. :)

cjken

Explorer
Did you find the lug nuts??
I found those open lug nuts on eBay.
I thought a junkyard would have tons of them but they apparently toss them out.
I got 32 to replace the flat dually ones.
Picture below if you want to contact seller. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418419702.091217.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94