Been working on my welds for upcomning bike build

archtimb

Adventurer
If those are hand done, you can stop practicing now!
Are you really saying those are not robotic?

AMAZING!

Mitch
:bowdown:

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
They are so very smooth! I was wondering, though, they look sort of sunken canyons, like the filler wire wasn't fed fast enough. Just wondering.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Very clean regardless. But I do agree they are a little "deep" I imagine they'll hold up fine. That is titanium, correct? Very cool, very clean... I have been thinking a lot about building a bike frame myself... :)

DaveInDenver

Joaquin Suave said:
My guess is that those are the welds of Jim Kish.
I think his name is Tim (at least I think I know who 'bugsnbikes' over on IH8MUD and YotaTech is). Pretty sure it's not a KISH bike, though.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
some more info in that thread.. I just went to a local bike shop I've never been to.. A cyclery/dentist office! Total trip check out web site, definetely a trip. http://www.drrenfield.com/ Anyway he has a hardtail Moots in stock.. Welds as gorgous as those. The frame was beautiful....

tacollie

Glamper
That is not a KISH. His arn't that nice. Thos welds are pretty. Moots have great welds, but fail in other places for bigger guys. If you are 160 or less you should be fine. Strong and Vanilla are both great frames but a little hard as people to deal with. Desolvo is a great guy and really easy to work with. James Bleakly at Black Sheep in fort collins does great work, but it will be a long wait. He built a custom ti single speed I have had for 4 years now. It is sick. There is one more guy who is the best builder I have ever seen, but I can't remember his name.

DaveInDenver

tacollie said:
James Bleakly at Black Sheep in fort collins does great work, but it will be a long wait. He built a custom ti single speed I have had for 4 years now. It is sick.
James has done work for me. The top tube/head tube junction broke on my Rhygin Juke SS. He was the only guy in Colorado who worked with Metax and it ended up that Columbus sent James a new tube, he mitered and repaired my frame. He did (and may still) work for da Vinci tandems, so I met him there. Super nice guy, I've seen him a couple of times since, Veloswap, races, etc.

tacollie

Glamper
He is a cool guy. He has welded or a couple different companies to supplement income including Da Vinci, Dean, and Spot.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I've 225 and a big guy, 6'5... I've now done some pretty extensive research and think unfortunately aluminum is for me particularly in something I'm specifically looking for, a nice rugged trail bike...

tacollie

Glamper
Aluminum is your best bet for a full suspension. That being said I will never own an aluminum hard tail again. My ti single speed, with a 130mm fork, rides like a dream. My steal ht is almost as nice. Here is a link to the nicest frames I have ever seen. http://www.ahearnecycles.com/price.htm If you set one of his frames bare next to a bare Desalvo, Steelman, Strong, Kish, Inglis, Retrotec, or anything else they stand leaps a head. My next bike is going to be a ti Desalvo. Love ti. Mmmmm....ti.:drool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz