Zipe ties and duct tape..... Lol I like ratchet straps

I'm right about the same weight!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lostih

Observer
Zipe ties and duct tape..... Lol I like ratchet straps

I'm right about the same weight!

My compressor, battery and propane tank mounts are all inspired by your affinity for ratchet straps :)

lostih

Observer
One other question for folks...when I hooked up my propane tanks today the valves leak. I am using the large external threads and it looks like the little gasket thing on the opd valve has dried out. My little bit of research says these aren’t serviceable. Anyone have ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

java

Expedition Leader
One other question for folks...when I hooked up my propane tanks today the valves leak. I am using the large external threads and it looks like the little gasket thing on the opd valve has dried out. My little bit of research says these aren’t serviceable. Anyone have ideas?

That's why I hate the Oring ones! You can probably find an Oring that would work, but New regulators are cheap

lostih

Observer

That's why I hate the Oring ones! You can probably find an Oring that would work, but New regulators are cheap

It’s the seal in the valve on the tank unfortunately...and new horizontal tanks are $$$

java

Expedition Leader

It’s the seal in the valve on the tank unfortunately...and new horizontal tanks are $$$
Ah on the tank side..... Not sure I have seen an Oring there! Time to go hardware store hunting

lostih

Observer
It’s a 100 million degrees outside...well...ok...just a 100, but it definitely put a damper on getting everything finished up on the camper so we are planning to head out tomorrow instead. Can’t wait to be in cooler climates :)

Jeffer949

Observer
Is this the Big trip you talk about on page one? Am I mistaken that this is your first outing in this rig also? If so.. My hat is off to you. Nothing like a shake down run that lasts 2 months. Let me rephrase that, My hats off to your wife for being willing to go along.... "Honey..... Was the cab-over touching the truck cab when we left???"

lostih

Observer
Is this the Big trip you talk about on page one? Am I mistaken that this is your first outing in this rig also? If so.. My hat is off to you. Nothing like a shake down run that lasts 2 months. Let me rephrase that, My hats off to your wife for being willing to go along.... "Honey..... Was the cab-over touching the truck cab when we left???"

Ha! Yes...it’s one and the same :). Yesterday I tripled my total miles on the truck with the camper...drove 200 miles to the in laws. Here for a few days and then the fun really begins :)

Here is the requisite before pic:

5e93f547c5d45a0746e9232d5de1f09f.jpg

And first stop:
3a82cd2cabc8631bd7d43c151dfeb603.jpg

Hope to set up Instagram or something in the next couple days. Anyone mind if I add some trip pics to this thread?

java

Expedition Leader
Please add pictures here, and if you do set up an Instagram post it here so we can follow along. @nwadventuretruck here :)

lostih

Observer
Ok...Instagram is up. I’m a total newbie at this stuff so any pro tips let me know. Handle is beefcakes_adventures

Brewdiak

kodiak conversionator
nice, safe travels and hope its all smiles!!! totally amazed you did the build and are rolling in such a short time .... you deserve a 100% successful trip for accomplishing the impossible!!!!

lostih

Observer
Decided to change most the fluids today while hanging out at the farm.

da8456a5230ee06869d75bd0a0ffc60d.jpg

While I’ve put about 5k miles on the truck I don’t know it’s service history so I decided to assume that the diff fluids hadn’t been done recently. Also the oil would be up for a change on our trip so decided I’d hit that early as well. Finally the radiator has had an occasional weeping from the fill neck. It’s only dropped the overflow bottle an couple inches over 4K miles, but I figure better to eliminate the risk of it becoming worse in the middle of nowhere so tomorrow she gets a new radiator and hoses.

And just Incase I need to change a tire I’m going to bring one of these along...
f350cb2d6d0f308703dee7e1f782e208.jpg

The scale is crappy in this pic...but holy smokes this was a huge crane. Each of the blocks on the counterweight was about the size of my truck.

lostih

Observer
I couldn’t leave well enough alone today and decided to add some more balance beads to the front wheels. As soon as I split them the large O-rings popped out of their grooves and would not go back in.

I tried cooling them in the freezer to see if they would shrink, but they didn’t enough. I did get one to seat well enough to seal. The other ended up cut into pieces when I tried (and failed) to seat it carefully using the ring of outer bolts. I called Hutchinson and they said they’d call me back about getting some new orings. I haven’t heard back.

I decided to try using the pieces of the bad one to see if I could get the wheel to seat. I set the pieces in the orings seat and coated the joints with rtv. Seems to be holding for now. We’ll see.

dd63bbbf02946f12fb01c8ca64f3ebd6.jpg

1a14d14b327eb60a4fdeeb7d9a3adbcf.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior