BeefCake's build...a roll your own Earthroamerish family expo rig

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
I plan to remove all the decals <snip>

Maybe not all . . .

It.

Is.

Sham . . WOW ! :sombrero:

Really, it is great. Very, very, very impressed !

Very much enjoying all this. Thank you.

Your writing skills are the equal of your fab skills, to say the least :)

lostih

Observer
Maybe not all . . .

It.

Is.

Sham . . WOW ! :sombrero:

Really, it is great. Very, very, very impressed !

Very much enjoying all this. Thank you.

Your writing skills are the equal of your fab skills, to say the least :)

Haha! Good idea...but too late :sombrero: Peeled them all off the drivers side and now just need to do the other.

Happy you like the writing...I ain't no pro tho (where's the redneck emoticon?)

lostih

Observer
Anyone have camper jack suggestions?

Here are my thoughts on camper jacks...

1. Holy smokes they are pricey
2. Normal ones just seem flimsy.
3. They are all designed for campers in normal trucks...not flatbed campers.

I've been watching cl for months and passed on a set early on and haven't found anything since...and I just can't bring myself to shell out the moola for new ones when I know I won't like them. My design requirements have changed as I now think it is unlikely I will unload the camper out in the field...but I do need to unload it at home so i can use the farm truck for farm things. Having the truck be dual use was the only way i could justify getting this nice of a truck.

So what's out there? I've been looking at some of the 5th wheel landing gear setups you can buy. Several of these have 20&#8221; of travel which would get me close to the ground with the under mount boxes on. I'm thinking I could buy two sets of these and have one front and one rear. I'd have to fab longer connecting shafts for them, but might work. It'd also be a bit tricky to make them removable and leaving them on isn't an option unless I can fold them somehow...

I did consider lunar lander landing gear and collapsing the air suspension and leaving the camper in the air, but I don't like that idea much now that I see how high and how heavy the thing is...

Anyone have a silver bullet for me on this? Heck for the price of camper jacks I could get a two post lift installed in the shop to take it off with :wings:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
how much does the box weigh?

I just finished fitting a set of reico-titan remote control electric jacks to my custom camper
Pretty easy affair to adapt to a flatbed camper. And they are rated at 2500# each

A bit overkill for my application, as mine weighs less than 3k wet, but I wanted the remote feature, and overkill is rarely a bad thing when lifting something :)

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Anyone have camper jack suggestions?

I don't use camper jacks. Waste of time when you're on the move. Just RV leveling blocks like below. As long as when you're sleeping, your head is slightly higher than your feet you should be fine.
56865n2.gif

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I don't use camper jacks. Waste of time when you're on the move. Just RV leveling blocks like below. As long as when you're sleeping, your head is slightly higher than your feet you should be fine.
56865n2.gif

Uh, I think you are confused.

Those are not camper jacks.

Those are leveling blocks.

He is asking about jacks to load/unload the box.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Here are some shots of the reico titan jacks I modified to work with the flatbed.

I simply added lower mounts provisions, that matched the existing.

Then adapted those mounts to the 1-off mounts that I originally designed into my camper.

The black brackets are intermediary brackets that adapt the jacks to the camper.

They can be unbolted from the jacks, for long term stowage, and use a tool-less connection between the brackets and the camper.

One large pin and one hand nut attach the two.

Only other requirement was to extend the harnesses.

rt01.jpg

rt02.jpg

these are the jacks.

yes, they are spendy, but they are the real deal, and IMO are worth the coin just from a safety standpoint using a remote. :ylsmoke:

http://www.riecotitan.com/camperjacks/electricjack.php

lostih

Observer
Thanks...I called them a week or two back and he said his last pair of electrics were sold :-( I should try back though.

java

Expedition Leader
Get the electric.... Cranking would Suck, and they are not that much cheaper!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Uh, I think you are confused.

Those are not camper jacks.

Those are leveling blocks.

He is asking about jacks to load/unload the box.

Yes... confused. I thought he was talking about leveling it at the campsite with things like this:
images

My bad...

lostih

Observer
Thanks for the input everyone. Mat Mobile...I will use those type of blocks when traveling for sure.

I’m slowly resigning myself to getting the electrics...might buy a basket case camper here locally with good jacks on it. Anyone want a free jackless camper? I’ll include the organic matter growing in the walls at no extra charge :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles