Bedwell's M416 Trailer Build

Bedwell

Observer
That trailer just screams " Matching tube fenders, Jeep green paint, wheels and a tan cover "

I like matching toys!

Nice looking Jeep!

Thank you for the compliment. I plan on doing tube fenders but the rest is still undecided. I would really like to paint it od green and stencil the military numbers and stars back on. The trailer sits at a perfect height with my current Jeep setup so no real need for a lift or different wheels / tires yet. I will be building a lid so that takes care of the tan cover. I should make note that my next set of wheels are beadlocks and at close to $400 a wheel having matching wheels and tires is not that much of a priority. My jeep will most likely end up on one ton axles eventually so later on I can lift the trailer to match the jeep.

Move down to Virginia and we will build out m416's together. :) Just reading this now, so I missed you at PA Jeeps. I was the big Red Rock JKU on 37's with the M416 behind it.

yup, I saw that jeep last weekend.

You should have stopped by the tent and asked about the trailer. I was half tempted to put a price tag on the trailer cause I'm sure I could have tripled my money. :sombrero: My club goes down to Big Dogs in Gore VA for their offroad events, have you been to one? Mind sharing a photo of the Jeep and trailer?

finnd1

Testudineous Dan
You should have stopped by the tent and asked about the trailer. I was half tempted to put a price tag on the trailer cause I'm sure I could have tripled my money. :sombrero: My club goes down to Big Dogs in Gore VA for their offroad events, have you been to one? Mind sharing a photo of the Jeep and trailer?

Let me snap a new picture tonight now that i did my SOA flip. I haven't been to Big Dogs yet, But I head up to Rausch Creek a bit, next trip up will be for Topless for TaTa's

finnd1

Testudineous Dan
here are the jeep and the trailer separate. this was taken a day after I got her (the trailer)

rock.jpgtrailer.jpg

Bedwell

Observer
Let me snap a new picture tonight now that i did my SOA flip. I haven't been to Big Dogs yet, But I head up to Rausch Creek a bit, next trip up will be for Topless for TaTa's

here are the jeep and the trailer separate. this was taken a day after I got her (the trailer)

View attachment 174616View attachment 174617

Does not look familiar to me from the Jeep show. Rausch Creek is like a second home to me lol, but try and make a Big Dogs event. It is worth it.

Bedwell

Observer
Mark,

Since your post yesterday you have really gotten me thinking about running a different wheel and tire combo on the trailer. I am considering going with the stock JK Rubicon wheels and tires if I can find them for cheap. It will give the trailer a more modern look as well as replace the dry rotted tires. Also it will be much easier to replace a flat as a tire shop would most likely have that in stock. I should just go ahead and match the Sahara green paint too! LOL

Bedwell

Observer
Not much of any update, but yesterday afternoon I made a trip to TSC and picked up some small d-rings to weld to the bumper for my safety chains. I stopped over at one of my buddies houses and he welded it up for me. However, on the way home I noticed that my dash, rear, and trailer lights went out, so I will be investigating why that happened today. One step forward, two steps back.

It was welded yesterday and already has rust; I need to get out of the northeast and head south! I'll clean that up and paint it today.

Bedwell

Observer
Not much of an update, but I brought my trailer along to Rausch Creek for my first wheeling trip over Labor Day weekend. :sombrero:

I did not have a spare for the trailer, I went to fill up the spare military tire the night before and it was leaking out of the valve stem. I will have that fixed before my final wheeling trip of the year at Big Dogs.

The TJ towed the trailer well, the temps did go up a little when I hit the mountains. I am going to try and finish the trans cooler before Big Dogs. I would also like to replace the hitch / locking pin as it had a little bit of movement for some added peice of mind.

Lastly, what does everyone do for basic security when keeping the trailer at a campsite? I thought about running a bike chain around the wheel / axle as I unhitch the trailer from the Jeep and hit the trails.

Bedwell

Observer
Not much of an update, but I brought my trailer along to Rausch Creek for my first wheeling trip over Labor Day weekend. :sombrero:

I did not have a spare for the trailer, I went to fill up the spare military tire the night before and it was leaking out of the valve stem. I will have that fixed before my final wheeling trip of the year at Big Dogs.

The TJ towed the trailer well, the temps did go up a little when I hit the mountains. I am going to try and finish the trans cooler before Big Dogs. I would also like to replace the hitch / locking pin as it had a little bit of movement for some added peice of mind.

Lastly, what does everyone do for basic security when keeping the trailer at a campsite? I thought about running a bike chain around the wheel / axle as I unhitch the trailer from the Jeep and hit the trails.

It has been awhile since my last update! I took my spare tire to the local Goodyear and they put a new tube inside. I finished the transmission cooler as well, and from what I can remember I had no overheating issues on my way to the Cove. I did replace the hitch pin and purchased a lock setup for overtop the ball.

However, the reason I am updating this is because I no longer need the trailer. At the end of 2013 I purchased a F350 diesel tow rig and I am now looking for a car trailer to tow the Jeep. I would rather have someone own the trailer and use it for its intended purpose and not sit and rot away in my yard. If you are interested in the trailer, you may send me a PM. It is not listed at this time.

A couple photos from the last wheeling trip at Big Dogs:

zachv

Dylan, I just found this site--what a great resource! Thanks for the mention of us for your cage, by the way.

Why did you sell the trailer? I am just exploring overlanding a bit and it seems they would be perfect. Do you go another route or just didn't need it the way you thought you would?

Zach.
AtoZ Fabrication
http://www.atozfabrication.com

Bedwell

Observer
Dylan, I just found this site--what a great resource! Thanks for the mention of us for your cage, by the way.

Why did you sell the trailer? I am just exploring overlanding a bit and it seems they would be perfect. Do you go another route or just didn't need it the way you thought you would?

Zach.
AtoZ Fabrication
http://www.atozfabrication.com

All of my camping trips involve trail riding, after purchasing a tow rig and car trailer the M416 sat at home unused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94