Bedding, and beds in your campers- whats your system?

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
I am going to have to replace the mattress in my Outfitter Apex, the previous owners did not take great care of it..and it has a " funk"

I could always just get a 4+inch memory foam topper and use it as a mattress, or an actual RV mattress. The one in my fifth wheel is great, but the memory foam queen topper is also 60+ibs.

I of course want it to be comfortable, and am always up for shaving a little weight.

I have used Nemo sleeping bags and pads for a long time and really like them- except for maybe the price. I was able to get this for 100+ under the listed price, from NEMO during a sale. And am confident in it for bedding, comfort, design and warmth wise. Includes an integrated removable sheet.

https://www.nemoequipment.com/product/jazz/

https://www.amazon.com/Nemo-Jazz-Du...mo+duo+sleeping+bag&psc=1&smid=A3UYGXDZQW9JYV

I was thinking about actually just using their insulated sleeping pads ( over 3+inches of cushion) the double, or two singles. Its just me, and I know the pads are comfortable. The bag includes a pad sleve so, the sleeping pad would stay in place.

current set up- IMG_20180821_1645205.jpg
I would like to hear, and see what set up others are using?

Hummelator

Adventurer
For my camper I ordered a medium density foam cut to the size I specified.
55348A52-B6EE-402C-B6CA-6929C6FE158C.jpeg
It was 4” thick but if I had to reorder I would do 2” medium density and 1”-2” of a softer foam. As it sits it probably weighs under 20 lbs

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Google "truck mattresses". There's a number of companies that make stock and custom mattresses for the over the road trucking industry. Heck, even Walmart sells them. When redoing our Tiger I ordered a dual density memory foam mattress that fit perfectly in the upper bunk. From there I just used standard sheets, wool blankets and on really cold weather a down comforter. Like sleeping at home! Good luck.

erstwild

I have a Big Agnes Dream Island 15 Double Bag, Exped Megamat Duo Self Inflating Mattress in Bag Sleeve, Big Agnes Inflatable Pillows with Memory Foam, and a silk liner for when it gets cold tucked up in my Autohome Columbus RTT (removed original mattress, left anticondensation mat).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles