Bed Rack 2011 Nissan Frontier!

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Just recently Purchased a Front Runner Bed Rack and Load Bars! Let me know what you guys think!
Bed Rack
IMG_4048.jpg
IMG_5977.jpg
Load Bars
IMG_9302.jpg
IMG_5567.jpg

Bryan

Are you thinking about a drawer system or bedslide? I've got the drawer system because of the camper shell, but if I was running your system I'd rather like the idea of a bedslide paired with weatherproof boxes. Whatcha think? I like your mounting position.

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Are you thinking about a drawer system or bedslide? I've got the drawer system because of the camper shell, but if I was running your system I'd rather like the idea of a bedslide paired with weatherproof boxes. Whatcha think? I like your mounting position.

Thank you. I just recently started working for Front Runner Outfitters and my next purchase will be a Front Runner Roof Top Tent. Its the lightest tent I can find (for gas mileage purposes) and I hope to get a Roof Rack soon so I have to option of having a "Roof Top" tent or a "Bed Rack" tent.

Im curious to see your truck. Do you have any pictures?

justbecause

perpetually lost
Thank you. I just recently started working for Front Runner Outfitters and my next purchase will be a Front Runner Roof Top Tent. Its the lightest tent I can find (for gas mileage purposes) and I hope to get a Roof Rack soon so I have to option of having a "Roof Top" tent or a "Bed Rack" tent.

Im curious to see your truck. Do you have any pictures?

I do not believe the weight is what will hurt your MPG; it is the wind resistance. Having my RTT above the roof line dropped me from 18mpg to 16, I believe you will have better results because the tent will not rise above the roof line; at least not as much. If you use the bed rack.

Do you have the backup camera? I do not, that is why a short rack like yours was not an option for me. IMHO this truck has enough blind spots without blocking the back window.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
That looks awesome. Did you use the FR track or the factory utility tracks?

I do not believe the weight is what will hurt your MPG; it is the wind resistance. Having my RTT above the roof line dropped me from 18mpg to 16, I believe you will have better results because the tent will not rise above the roof line; at least not as much. If you use the bed rack.

This. I had my RTT on a tall rack a while back, it brought me down to 17 mpg on 265/70s. I dropped it down pretty low and I got 22 mpg when I was doing 65! I threw 265s on and I'm now sitting at 19 mpg when I'm doing 70.

mb1k

Observer
Great data mining the forum for Fronty information and coming across these posts. This FR bed rack may be the answer I'm looking for. Hopefully you're still active on the forum and working at FR to answer my question of whether or not there are higher post/pillar option available? About 3-inches higher would work for my situation; RTT, bed mounted spare and a load full out Boy Scout chuck boxes, coolers and water (desert dry camping).

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Bryan_FRO

Supporting Sponsor
Great data mining the forum for Fronty information and coming across these posts. This FR bed rack may be the answer I'm looking for. Hopefully you're still active on the forum and working at FR to answer my question of whether or not there are higher post/pillar option available? About 3-inches higher would work for my situation; RTT, bed mounted spare and a load full out Boy Scout chuck boxes, coolers and water (desert dry camping).

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Hey Joe,

Unfortunately, we only have the one height available. The design of it was meant to stay below cab height, when a roof top tent is mounted. I have seen people make spacers to lift the rack up higher slightly.

Hope this helps.
Bryan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles