Bed Liner Paint on Camper Body?

andytruck

Observer
Picked up a used Skamper. It looks OK, but I'd like it to look better. Bad news is the owner, I think, painted it with house latex paint. It looks decent, but a little dirty now. I would like to paint it with bed liner, white coating. Will it stick to aluminum siding? How hard do you think it will be to scrape off the latex paint, or will bed liner stick to that, hopefully the latex sticks to camper too.
Can I use the $50 per gallon stuff, or the two-part epoxy stuff that is about $100/gallon?
It should not get abuse like a truck bed, so thinking maybe the cheap stuff might suffice.
I don't want it to be a money pit, so thinking save money….
thanks for advice from anyone who has experience in this department…

dman93

Adventurer
I don't have any personal experience, but I saw a Tacoma with camper all painted with grey bedliner a few months back, and it looked stunning. Not stunning as in funky rat-truck cool, but as in really good, nice, well-finished.

colorado matt

Adventurer
i think hoping the PO paint job will stick if you go over it is a gamble .... remove house paint and go for it .... initial cost is still the final coat ... and whatever supplies needed to remove old paint .... elbow grease and time prepping the surface will make for a better end result .... OR you have faith that house paint will hold and go for it .... I myself have more time than money so I would use the free stuff(time) and remove old paint ... scratch surface ... self etching primer and then bedliner ....but... just remember years from now memories will not be tainted by a dirty trailer ..... Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94