bay area run sat dec 14th

nikosan

Sorry can't make it Took my truck to the shop to replace vehicle speed sensor and wrong part came in. Thanks for the invite

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Heloflyboy

Adventurer
My truck is down Fox coil overs were supposed to be here today and did not show up. I might take a ride out there to say hello.

nikosan

My mechanic did me a favor and finished my truck. I will be there by 9:30 in a white LC 100

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Clem

Adventurer
Okay...It's the 16th and still no photographic evidence...Give us computer monitor wheelers something to look at:sombrero:...:coffee:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
No chance to go through my pictures yet although i did discover that my GoPro was not taking interval pics as I thought it was. :mad:

I think it was a fun day of wheeling for all though. Most were 'comfortable' with the trails we did although for those where it outside their comfort zone I really hope our efforts to ease their concerns and try to guide them through the trails helped them gain the confidence to be willing try them the next time around.:ylsmoke:

nikosan

I am so grateful that I met a fun group of Gentlemen last Saturday. Ray offered to let us ride in his super truck while learning by watching and listening to him on how to handle obstacles. This guys let a newbie like me really feel very comfortable during the whole event and I was not even driving a Monty. Boy do I miss my Montero. I really had a good time just watching Ray, Dimitry and Carlos driving thru the trails in their modified trucks.They made it look so easy. EmptyOlys truck showed that a Montero is an attractive very capable vehicle with very simple mods with a used ARB bumper,cranked torsion bars and 33 inch tires. You guys are class acts. btw, pics shows what Ray is capable of doing to your trucks if you pissed him off:Wow1:

Attachments

• 20131214_132921[1].jpg
    20131214_132921[1].jpg
    560.8 KB · Views: 15

Clem

Adventurer
I am so grateful that I met a fun group of Gentlemen last Saturday. Ray offered to let us ride in his super truck while learning by watching and listening to him on how to handle obstacles. This guys let a newbie like me really feel very comfortable during the whole event and I was not even driving a Monty. Boy do I miss my Montero. I really had a good time just watching Ray, Dimitry and Carlos driving thru the trails in their modified trucks.They made it look so easy. EmptyOlys truck showed that a Montero is an attractive very capable vehicle with very simple mods with a used ARB bumper,cranked torsion bars and 33 inch tires. You guys are class acts. btw, pics shows what Ray is capable of doing to your trucks if you pissed him off:Wow1:

LOL, wish I could have made it to meet you all...Hopefully, next time I will...Thanks for the teaser pic...:sombrero:

off-roader

Expedition Leader
I wasnt much of a shutterbug this time out...
Was pretty cool to have 3 Sudan Beige Montero's there...
000_8282_zps6aef2629.jpg

Most of the attendees
000_8284c_zps115e4d59.jpg

What this hill feels like climbing up it...
000_8345c_zpsff111327.jpg

What it actually looks like on camera. The photo really doesn't do it justice...
000_8322_zps9e1f9f71.jpg

At the top of one of the trails...
000_8379c_zps64f22cf1.jpg

Another view from the top of another trail...
000_8310c_zps45772fde.jpg

EmptyOly

I'll agree with Nikosan. It was good day all around and I learned quite a bit particularly what the rig is capable of. Here are some more pics:

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0027.jpg
    DSC_0027.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0053.jpg
    DSC_0053.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0089.jpg
    DSC_0089.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0171.jpg
    DSC_0171.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 10

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Nice pics! Especially like the one of Carlos's rig in front and you and I behind it perfectly posed even though neither of us did anything besides parking there as is. Nicely done.

You also did a really great job getting a sense of the scale of things on how steep some of it was. BTW, can I borrow some of those pics to post on both 4x4wire and FB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles