Batwing: New Smaller Version

JB30

Yup. Has been perfect for my application. Also... just happened to chat with them about the availability of zip on walls. They aren't available yet, but they're coming. No date given....

Reactions: MCX

KellyM

Adventurer
Yup. Has been perfect for my application. Also... just happened to chat with them about the availability of zip on walls. They aren't available yet, but they're coming. No date given....

View attachment 514902

Can you post a photo of it attached, but closed? Any issues attaching it to the J30 top? It looks like you used the molded in attachment points. Is that right?

Thanks

JB30

Yup picked up three of the brackets from UM and used the molded points. I personally had trouble installing - but just because I’m an idiot. Had a friend help me install it (a bit too heavy cumbersome to do solo), only to realize when I was by myself that the bolts were too long and made opening the top impossible. A hacksaw and bloodied knuckles eventually solved the issue.

KellyM

Adventurer
View attachment 516465

Yup picked up three of the brackets from UM and used the molded points. I personally had trouble installing - but just because I’m an idiot. Had a friend help me install it (a bit too heavy cumbersome to do solo), only to realize when I was by myself that the bolts were too long and made opening the top impossible. A hacksaw and bloodied knuckles eventually solved the issue.

Thanks. Looks great, and it appears I would not have to move the forward latches on my J30.

JB30

Thanks. Looks great, and it appears I would not have to move the forward latches on my J30.

Yeah no modification needed at all. And in fact, the forward most molded point is still open too. Eventually plan to tuck a light in there.

Biscuit1980

I picked up one of these bat wings at the overland expo last weekend and I want to mount it to my all-pro bed rack on the back of my tacoma, possibly with a method of extending it up a few inches and then deploying it so as to have a little more head room. Just like two posts with pins in them. They guys at the show didn't have much info on mounting to a tubular rack but they were nice enough to carry it back to my camp site for me! I am just starting to look around for options and I have a fabricator who can make whatever I dream up but thought someone here might know something or be able to point me the right direction. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles