Batwing: New Smaller Version

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
I cannot find it now, but read a SEMA article about a new smaller version of the Batwing. Does anyone have any info on this new version?

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Found it. The homepage had the blurb.

Rhino-Rack had a new Pioneer platform mounted to theirs, with a beautiful internal support system and an array of new accessories. The grab handle, box mount, and all new shorter Batwing were of particular interest.

DSCF4448.jpg

Found it. The homepage had the blurb.

Rhino-Rack had a new Pioneer platform mounted to theirs, with a beautiful internal support system and an array of new accessories. The grab handle, box mount, and all new shorter Batwing were of particular interest.

DSCF4448.jpg

This looks really interesting, any chance you could include the link to this article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JB30

I was wondering about this too. Emailed Rhino Rack. Their response was the prototype was shown at SEMA. Expect to launch in mid Dec.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Did Rhino give you any spec details? I’d really like to see if this will work for my application.

JB30

Nope originally said it didn’t exist. When I posted the pic from the thread here they said “oh yeah that” (I’m paraphrasing). Interested as well to see what it is. At least it shouldn’t be a long wait.

JB30

For anyone who was still wondering... they’ve finally launched the compact batwing. Mine is shipping as I type!

JB30

What vehicle are you mount this too?

Throwing it on my Ursa Minor top on a 4 door Wrangler. Was never a fan of the big overhang and weight of the original batwing. Obviously I’ll have a lot less coverage, but *should* be fine for my needs. Will see if it all works out this week - should be here in time for mounting next weekend.

roving1

Throwing it on my Ursa Minor top on a 4 door Wrangler. Was never a fan of the big overhang and weight of the original batwing. Obviously I’ll have a lot less coverage, but *should* be fine for my needs. Will see if it all works out this week - should be here in time for mounting next weekend.

Let us know if the bag design still let's water in either through the canvas top or the rather silly closing flaps. My awning material developed holes in places where it the support poles were rubbing on it.

Curious if there is anything different with this awning.

JB30

Let us know if the bag design still let's water in either through the canvas top or the rather silly closing flaps. My awning material developed holes in places where it the support poles were rubbing on it.

Curious if there is anything different with this awning.

Happy to take a bunch of pics once it’s installed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz