"Battery Packs" are storage devices. "Battery Packs" aren't "Solar Generators". Refrigerators aren't "Food Generators".

1000arms

I think "Solar Generator" is a deceptive and dishonest marketing term when applied to a battery pack.

Battery packs are storage devices, which are charged and discharged, but don't generate electricity.

Refrigerators are also storage devices. One can put food in a fridge (at least until it is full), one can take food out of a fridge (at least until it is empty), but, the fridge doesn't generate food.

There are many ways to generate electricity. For example, one could use gasoline, diesel fuel, wind, water, humans, and/or the sun. It can be quite useful to store this energy for use at another time. Perhaps for when the wind isn't blowing, the sun isn't shining, when one wants the quiet of a non-running engine, or simply doesn't want to pedal at the moment. Batteries can be used to store energy for those times. "Battery Packs" have a battery, or batteries, for storage.

Solar panels covert solar energy in to electrical energy. Battery packs don't convert solar energy in to electrical energy, but, rather, they can store electrical energy from gas generators, diesel generators, hydro, humans, and from solar panels.

Please don't be fooled by the marketing term "Solar Generator". Please don't trust any company that uses the marketing term "Solar Generator" on anything that isn't (only) a solar panel.

1000arms

Please keep in mind that:

I created this thread to help people from being fooled by what I consider to be a deceptive marketing term.

I'm not angry, upset, confused, and/or cranky. I just posted this thread to help people. :)

I am a bit surprised by the number of people who, seem to me, have had an adverse and unwarranted reaction to my attempt to help people by creating this thread, but, I'm not angry, upset, confused, and/or cranky about it. :)

I hope that everyone that reads this post has a pleasant day! :)

Last edited:

john61ct

Adventurer
Well stated.

Keep your milk in the fridge, but you need a milkman, a grocery or a cow to actually get milk to put in it.

1000arms

Well stated.

Keep your milk in the fridge, but you need a milkman, a grocery or a cow to actually get milk to put in it.
Thank you!

I appreciate your addition.

I'm going to have to milk it, and the following quote, for all they are worth.

So my fridge is a milk generator too? This is great! I know some mammories that are going to get really mad!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Please don't have a cow over my "udderly" ridiculous sense of humor, I am truly outstanding in my field! :cool:

Winterpeg

Yes! Thank you for asking. :)

I have been involved with the education of adults and children for many parts of my varied "career".

I'm glad to be able to once again offer to help to those who might need it. :cool:

Ahhhh.... that explains it.

Last edited:

OverlandNA

Oh Great Generator Guru, I was looking at a 61 Galaxie that has a generator that I would like to use for overlanding. Would I need to add a snorkel and/or roof rack to it to call it overlanding?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles