Battery Monitor

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well I bought the top of the range Fluke Mutlimeter which was tested in front of me before I bought it from Fluke UK and their 10 Digit Tester was set to 10.00000000v and my Fluke was reading 10.000v so I guess it is a good benchmark to check other things with,

john61ct

Adventurer
Sure, again, if a "ballpark" estimate is all you need, voltage might be "good enough", for your needs.

But variance will be very wide, you cannot get a good reading if the bank is under load or charging, an "at rest" measure can take many hours, depends on the chemistry, need 24-72hrs for accuracy.

All this still holds no matter how accurate your voltage reading, the point is that voltage only corresponds **very roughly** to SoC% at the best of times.

So, yes you can build a [voltage - SoC%] correspondence table, but it will only be good for **your** bank, at a given temperature range, and at this stage if its wear cycle, maybe 6mo or a year.

and you will need an accurate SoC meter to build and verify that table.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Well not exactly ?? If the voltage reads 12.65v it does not matter if you have one battery or 3 the SoC on a set of matching batteries should be equal because they are sharing the voltage and if one battery is reading lower than the others when isolated does not matter because when they are all linked up they have and overall shared voltage level and as long as you keep and eye on them on a daily bases then it should not be a problem,

My FLA's hold their voltage really and a pair of them will run my fridge for 50 hours before they get anywhere near 12.8v.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94