Battery advice for diesel trucks

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Alright all, not trying to start a war, but who makes the best, not crazy expensive batteries these days for diesels?? My current batteries have 730 CCA, so I want something with the same amount or near it. I’ve had Optimas in the past, but I’ve heard there quality has dropped a little bit. Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Oh ya, Odessey was also recommended to be, but they are pricy. But I do like the idea of sealed batteries… my 99 Ram, I had to tear out both battery treys bc of acid damage and there was rust below them too.

Explorerinil

Observer
I'm partial to Napa for batteries. Make sure you replace both at the same time!
I’ve had very good luck with Napa batteries also. I either use Napa or interstate workaholic batteries. I’ve had a generic Costco interstate battery in my home standby generator for years, starts perfectly.

at work in our squad cars, we used to get 1 year on a battery using motor craft or ac delco, we switched to Napa and haven’t had a failure.

ttengineer

Adventurer
X2 power had the most CCA of any battery I found. They also come with a 5 year 100% replacement warranty if bought at batteries plus. I had one drop cca at 4.5yrs and they replaced it free of charge.

They ain’t cheap though.

Rumor has it, the original Optima group started x2 power after they sold Optima.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cobro92

X2 power had the most CCA of any battery I found. They also come with a 5 year 100% replacement warranty if bought at batteries plus. I had one drop cca at 4.5yrs and they replaced it free of charge.

They ain’t cheap though.

Rumor has it, the original Optima group started x2 power after they sold Optima.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You ain’t kidding! Almost triple the price of the Costco ones listed above. But 900+ CCA is nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles