Batteries in winter?

jd1zzle

Hi guys, I’ve got a dual battery setup in my square drop, along with a noco genius charger built in. It dropped to 6F overnight and was wondering if I needed to bring my batteries inside or if they are okay plugged into the noco out in the camper? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
Lead? They won't be damaged even well beow frozen.

But performance declines drastically, if you need higher C-rates keep them warm.

john61ct

Adventurer
Just being plugged into a charger means / does nothing.

Is the charger plugged in?

Either way, does not matter, things just slow down get weaker, not actual damage just maybe not usable

dreadlocks

chargers w/temp compensation raise voltage as it gets colder, and lower it as it gets hotter.. if its on a maintenance charge, under volting it wont be anything to worry about.

they just become weak at both inputing and outputting current when they are damn cold, the'll come back to normal once you warm em back up.. ever started a car on a really cold morning? If your battery is coming to the end of its life, extreme cold conditions could reveal its short life expectancy, but it wont be the cause of it.

jd1zzle

Just being plugged into a charger means / does nothing.

Is the charger plugged in?

Either way, does not matter, things just slow down get weaker, not actual damage just maybe not usable

Yes it’s plugged into the house electrical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john61ct

Adventurer
If the batteries can be fully isolated while stored, then they could just get a top-up overnight every few weeks.

But that advice has nothing to do with temperature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94