Bathroom Trailer?

Thinman

if i'm bothering to tow a damn toilet and shower, it is coming with a queen size bed and kitchen

just get a 15' trailer and be done with it

high-and-dry

if i'm bothering to tow a damn toilet and shower, it is coming with a queen size bed and kitchen

just get a 15' trailer and be done with it
And that why I am building what I am building, ext kitchen, queen bed with short couch, ext shower, water heater etc. body length 12 foot weight under 2k.

ai4kk

I'm about to take a travelnurse assignment over the winter in WA state and have come up with something similar for my Astro 4x4 which isn't big enough to fit a shower and also as a permanentish shower shed for my off-grid property 150 miles away. Note, this isn't "needed for camping" although it may be useful there as well, it is "needed for maintaining daily hygiene while living in your van and working in a healthcare facility while it is freaking cold and wet outside all the time".
I'm just doing a 4x8 x 6 box out of wood or metal framing, 2" foam, and glued and heavily-painted canvas cloth or fiberglass window screen. This can be towed on a trailer or mounted on my hitch rack and the size can be adjusted down as needed. Just a very simple setup with a bucket toilet (composting to come) and a shower with a propane on-demand heater and perhaps a simple sink for face-washing etc using the shower hose, or maybe like in my TT, a selectable faucet. Lexan roof to provide natural light, and a safe place to hang my Buddy heater. floor would be perforated rubber mats over steel mesh or wood with gaps. Can mount the license plate and some cheap trailer taillights to the back along with a high-mount stoplight and plug into the trailer light receptacle.
This was my original concept although I may scale it down some...or maybe not, might build a mockup first or I might not since I'm only going to have a few days between the time I fly in and start work and will be showering at a gym until I get this working. I also don't think I'm going to worry about fairing it in, just make sure it's far enough from the fan rear door to open all doors which will give me some privacy while I step between them.

Attachments

• astroshower.jpg
    astroshower.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 23
  • astroshower2.jpg
    astroshower2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 23

FN4PAPA

Ha, I just joined this forum because I want (need) to build an offroad capable trailer with a proper bathroom. So I don't think you are crazy in fact I think this is a niche that need to be addressed by the major RV builders. Take the Patriot X3 that just came out.. US70k and you don't even get a bathroom! So my design will be the Patriot X3 meets a Russian Doll (no not that kind of Doll... geeze)... It will have 2 lifting sections, on the sides will be a great outdoor kitchen setup, the center will be a 3'x5' proper bathroom with a dry flush toilet, inside this space will be a collapsible interior ladder that leads up to a James Baroud Grand Raid style rooftop tent. It will run on Cruise Master suspension and 33" tires so can go anywhere the Jeep can go. I plan to carry 30gal of water and a grey tank. The box will be about 39" high in transport mode but sitting on that suspension and tires it will be about 6' and with the two sections lifted it will be about 12' to the top... Anyways that's the plan and hope to get some good advice here and get started soon. So best of luck on your project...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier