Bathroom or Storage?

Photomike

White Turtle Adventures & Photography
A toilet at the least! With a shower would be nice. There are just so many times that having a toilet is so much better then trying to find one or putting up with the mess and smell of the one toilet for 1000 people.

I put a porta potti in my van and LOVE IT!!!! For the little space it takes up it os more than worth it. PLUS how much stuff do you really need!

FN4PAPA

Ha, the entire reason for building vs buying was that I couldn't find a real off road trailer with a real bathroom... I am getting to old to go out in freezing damp weather to take a leak/dump and I want a real shower space big enough that I can bend over pick up the soap... So I built basically a portable bathroom and all the other considerations were secondary... I really liked the Patroit tralers but geeze, $70k and you have to go find a tree at 3am... Of course that was a show stopper for the Wifie, but I don't disagree... I think the reason bathrooms get a bad rap from a lot of off roaders is that most of them are too small to do the job... we choose a dry flush system and so far really like.. it is basically a form-fill-Seal packaging machine and you provide the "fill"... works great.. What I am finding out is if you have storage space in a trailer you are more than likely going to fill it up with stuff that is heavier than you think it is and all that stuff adds up..

Cheers

FN4PAPA

The design I have is 24” x 30”. My shower at home measures 30” x 30” so it’s somewhat comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My shower at home is 5'x6'... no doors or glass and no 90 degree corners everything slopes... My little 12' trailer has a bathroom that is 5' x 3' :cool: ... You use a bathroom more than any other area of the house... make it count...

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
I notice you have a drain hole in one corner of your shower pan. That is "normal". :)
For it to work well though, the slope of the base towards the drain hole needs to exceed the maximum slope that you may ever park on. Sounds easy, but for us it often fails that test.
Our new build will have a perfectly flat floor and a drain hole in each corner. It will always work. :)
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

FN4PAPA

"Our new build will have a perfectly flat floor and a drain hole in each corner. It will always work"

Thats a really good idea... wish I had thought of that before I built my trailer... argh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior