Base Camp

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Well there was a night on a dirt road that had put my project behind by a little bit, per say. Soft shoulder and a bit too much speed I jammed her into the ditch and kissed a couple trees. The extraction left some more bumps and bruises on her as well. I did drive home though and made a call to the insurance company (thank god for full coverage) Then it was back to Impact Autobody where the XJ was purchased to get buffed out. (sorry about the pics, cell phone) wreck.jpg
$2800 worth of damage done, and that didn't include the caved in rear hatch they missed. One new rf fender, fixed rf door, new windshield (old one had just been replaced a month earlier), fixed rr quarter, fixed roof as well as one side of the gutter mount from where the roof rack got torn off, tire carrier had a little bending back that had to be done, and we thought it was just the rear window that needed to be replaced, but it was the whole hatch (used one cost the same as a new window, plus came with a new window... win win) and then it needed paint.

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Since it was getting painted anyways, I ordered a set of marine vents and my buddy had some flat black lying around he painted up the hood for me.
2-23 002.jpg
I had bought clear corners awhile ago too and they are on there as you can see.

beardus supremous

Adventurer
2-23 004.jpg2-23 196.jpg2-23 197.jpg2-23 201.JPG2-23 202.jpg2-23 204.JPG
Here are a couple mods that were done and a neglected to show. Had to replace the a/c evaporator and then the compressor, then built cb mount, antenna mount, added new rockford fosgate 6.5 speakers, dynomax muffler and tailpipe and my favorite, the Overland badge

beardus supremous

Adventurer
I ordered up some prerunner bars from JCR Offroad and installed them over the weekend. I also welded up a mount for my new Milemarker SEC8 and then wired it up.
2-23 001.jpg2-23 190.jpg2-23 191.jpg2-23 192.jpg2-23 194.jpg2-23 200.jpg2-23 198.jpg

beardus supremous

Adventurer
This is just some of the goodies for the next thing on my list for it. One inch lift spacers from Rocky Road, wheel spacers from rough country (for the 8.8), sway bar disconnects from rough country, and the Solid front and rearend covers. And the shaved and half cleaned 8.8 that has been sitting underneath my bench at work for a couple months while i decided to become debt free Before blowing some cash. The 1 inch shackles and the 8.8 slip kit will be here monday from Iron Rock Offroad. The 3.73 gears for the front will be here next week as well. just ordered them today.
2-23 195.jpg2-23 003.jpg

rdonahe

Observer
Nice. I like what you've done. How do you like the receiver mounted winch VS a fixed mount? Have you had opportunity to use it yet?

beardus supremous

Adventurer
thanks rdonahe. Well i have not tried out the reciever mount yet, but the fact that i can put my winch in the back out of the elements (mainly the calcium and salt this winter) and also be able to mount it in the rear reciever is enough to make me really like the idea.

Bdiddy11

Adventurer
Good thing you didn't mess up those clear corners in your little ditch mishap =) that would have sucked...they're not the cheapest in the world, nor is it easy to find just one.

silver60th

Just read through the build...we will have similar Jeeps soon!

I have a 3'' lift as well, with 31's and a Ford 8.8. I went with 4.10 gears though, and have been extremely pleased. We even have the same color
and year model. I wish I had the tire carrier though!

I will be watching

-Logan

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Well I did not get a chance to weld up the tubes on my rearend, we got a bit of a dusting. 15" of dusting that I had to clean up and did not get in to the shop until a bit later. I did change over my front brake hoses to chevrolet ones and replaced a LF caliper I was neglecting. Today The rear hose got changed to a Dakota one and removed the rear bumper in preparation for the shakle lift. Most parts came in for my swap as well. More pics tomorrow.
DSC00479.jpgDSC00480.jpg

drgnhrt1979

Adventurer
Very nice so far. I have a 2000 XJ and have similar plans though my road is a bit different. I have to buy and install as I dont not have the ability to make my own parts like you do.

Keep up the good work. I have to update my build tread soon too.

beardus supremous

Adventurer
Well some more picks of packages for the Jeep waiting to go on. Today during lunch break at work I put on my 1" adjustable rough country lift shackles and tweaked my tailpipe over a little bit. (took off the rear bumper yesterday to heat the bolts) Then after work I took of my sway bar links and sway bar in preparation for the rough country disconnects and 1" coil spacer to go on saturday.
DSC00481.jpgDSC00482.jpgDSC00483.jpgDSC00484.jpgDSC00485.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior